+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama is?

usa us kentucky
    Location: In a land where common sense rules. In other words, not on this Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by kk8 View Post
    Oh really? Like which ones?
    Individual insurance mandate. Conservatives and Republicans once favored a requirement that all or most people buy basic health insurance. Like cap and trade, it was conceived by free-market conservatives as a way to avoid harming the private sector. It also fit with conservative views of personal responsibility and the immorality of freeloading. In 1993, Republicans pushed it as an alternative to an employer mandate. Stuart Butler, a domestic policy expert at the Heritage Foundation, described the individual mandate in 2003 as a necessary part of a "social contract." Republican Mitt Romney signed a health law with a mandate in 2006, when he was governor of Massachusetts.

Now, however, Republican governors and attorneys general are suing the federal government over the individual mandate in the new health law, saying it is unconstitutional. Romney says the federal government has no right to impose such a plan on all states. Butler told me that experience in the last seven years with the federal employee health benefits system and with auto-enrollment (you're enrolled at work or school unless you opt out) suggests the requirement is not necessary to achieve a stable health insurance system with broadly shared risks. Obama's campaign position was similar, but health experts later changed his mind.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/07...w-are-against/

There's one. If you know how to use a little thing called google, you can find lots more, my friend.
    Firm believer in the right to bear arms, Pro choice, The war on drugs is a complete failure, We need better enforcement of our Immigration laws along with better border security, I support gay rights including the right to marry, Religion belongs in church not in government, The War on Terror is one of the biggest con games going, Government spending is out of control but I also believe tax rates need to be revised. Whatever I missed, ask.

Ignorance is treatable. Stupidity ain't.

usa us kentucky
    Location: In a land where common sense rules. In other words, not on this Earth.

Medicare spending curbs. Democrats have financed their new health law in part by planning on nearly $500 billion in Medicare savings over the next 10 years. The proposal provoked months of attacks from Republicans. That was a dizzying role reversal from the days when Republicans used to recommend the same types of reductions in future Medicare spending (and had to play defense against attacks from Obama and other Democrats, now having their own role reversal).

In 1995, for instance, Republicans proposed cutting $270 billion over seven years. In 1997, McConnell and McCain were among the Republicans voting for a Balanced Budget Act that cut Medicare by $115 billion over five years. And in his 2008 presidential campaign, McCain proposed combined Medicare and Medicaid cuts of $1.3 trillion over 10 years. Yet last year, as he neared a re-election campaign in a state full of retirees, McCain led the fight against the Democrats' plans to trim Medicare.

Seven issues, scores of lawmakers, an epidemic of head-slapping and rethinking that corresponds to Obama's tenure and the rise of the Tea Party movement. Coincidence? Doubtful. Principles are in the mix, for sure, but nobody should mistake where they are sitting in the car. That would be the back seat, with politics at the wheel.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/07...w-are-against/

Here's another
    Firm believer in the right to bear arms, Pro choice, The war on drugs is a complete failure, We need better enforcement of our Immigration laws along with better border security, I support gay rights including the right to marry, Religion belongs in church not in government, The War on Terror is one of the biggest con games going, Government spending is out of control but I also believe tax rates need to be revised. Whatever I missed, ask.

usa us kentucky

Or how about the first Stimilus Bill, which was signed in 2008 by George W. with REPUBLICAN support.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe Bump View Post
    Best president EVER. And he'll go down in history as such. He has rescued this country.
    Exactly, and thankfully, he was there at the right time. I shudder to think of how deep the ashes would have been if McCain/Palin let everything burn.

Shiver...

Bee
    When the gift is the music, it comes from the heart that sings.
    The two best political debate sites are Politicalforum.com and Debatepolitics.com

usa us california

Quote Originally Posted by hilbert View Post
    There are many strong opinions about Obama. Share yours here and/or take my poll
    Obama started his presidency during one of the most difficuilt periods in American history. The only ones that had it as bad were Lincoln, Washington, Truman, FDR, and even Wilson in some respects.

He did a good job of changing his election platform to suit his evolving enlightenment regarding the realities of the office, but often seems to be vexed by the nature of Washington politics. He was naive not to expect the implacable rejection of his agenda from the right.

Obama's failures are surrounded by GOP obstructionism, and what could have been his successes, have been neutered and diluted to an ineffective state by compromise with the GOP.
    Last edited by Goldwater; Feb 20 2012 at 03:26 PM.
    You don't have to be straight to shoot straight...Barry Goldwater

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hilbert View Post
    There are many strong opinions about Obama. Share yours here and/or take my poll
    Good family man.

Adequate President- not as strong of a leader as I would have liked.

Decent with foreign policy.

Better than Bush.

Always better than Bush.
    The real harm is to our children. As long as we remain suspicious of the wrong people, predators will continue to have free reign to abuse innocent children. If they remain free from scrutiny because everyone else is focusing on gays and lesbians, more young lives will continue to be shattered and more parents will suffer the agonizing heartache of learning that they trusted someone who destroyed their child’s future.

Like an Idividual Madate for healthcare. It was a long-stading idea by The Heritage Foundation and the Republicans wanted it when the Clintons were pushing for Universal Healthcare.
    "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare. " James Madison

"Religion & Government will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together. " James Madison

Economic Left/Right: -1.62
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56

Marxist
    Atheist
    Con Artist
    Liar
    Spendocrat
    America hater
    Civil debate is expected.
    Fair warning: trolling and personal attacks will get you nowhere, and I will report you

Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    Marxist
    Atheist
    Con Artist
    Liar
    Spendocrat
    America hater
    Prove it...

Atheist? How do you know this? Prove it...
    Con Artist, Liar, Spendocrat....Sounds like EVERYONE in Politics to me.
    American Hater...Seems to me that he loves this country...He just has a different view on what is important than you do.
    "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare. " James Madison

"Religion & Government will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together. " James Madison

Economic Left/Right: -1.62
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56

10. Default

THE most devisive president we've EVER had.

A dangerous man.
    "First and foremost, I want the American people to know that our experts, here at the CDC and across our government, agree that the chances of an Ebola outbreak here in the United States are extremely low." Sept 16, 2014

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast