Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 226

Thread: Why are blatantly racist threads allowed?

  1. Default

    I have noticed the same thing. A lot of White-pride type threads popping up. The thread topic is so ignorant, it makes you want to attack the poster.


    What is WASP?

  2. Stand Taller and Look Better with the LUMOback Posture and Activity Coach. <LINK> Learn More Here! </LINK>

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bain View Post
    I have noticed the same thing. A lot of White-pride type threads popping up. The thread topic is so ignorant, it makes you want to attack the poster.


    What is WASP?
    WASP - White Anglo-Saxon Protestant

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heroclitus View Post
    Saying that black people perform worse at school is not racist.
    Yes it is:

    rac·ism   [rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
    noun
    1.
    a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism


    Your statement believes in a scholastic achievement difference strictly on the basis of skin color.

    According to the definition of Racism...it IS racist.

  5. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Yes it is:

    rac·ism   [rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
    noun
    1.
    a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism


    Your statement believes in a scholastic achievement difference strictly on the basis of skin color.

    According to the definition of Racism...it IS racist.
    You should read my post properly and think. Saying a black person performs worse at school is only racist if you say that this is due to inherent differences. Look up "inherent". Perhaps it is your view that these statistics can only be explained by "inherent" differences, which if this were the case, would indeed be racist and would explain why you have some difficulties with people here.

    To take another point of view though. It is not racist to argue that black people perform worse at school because they have schools with less funding, family backgrounds with more poverty and less educated parents, less access to learning materials like books, and are living in neighbourhoods where there is a lot of crime. These would explain the statistics in a way that would mean that the statistics were not due to inherent racial characteristics, but due to socio-environmental factors that were not inherent in their racial characteristics.

    I appreciate that someone needs to have a record of some reasonable educational attainment to understand my argument. Most people with a university degree weill already understand it from my other post without me having to explain it in depth like this. It is easier to follow this argument if it is read slowly.
    Last edited by Heroclitus; Feb 24 2012 at 07:10 AM.
    Plus on aime quelqu'un, moins il faut qu'on le flatte:
    À rien pardonner le pur amour éclate.
    Moliere

    I think the term "classical liberal" is also equally applicable. I don't really care very much what I'm called. I'm much more interested in having people thinking about the ideas, rather than the person. Milton Friedman

    Die Sonne scheint noch. Es lebe die Freiheit!

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    And at the VERY least - I say ALL threads that even mention race should have to be started in the race relations thread (which - to be fair - is where I found this racist example thread)...NO EXCEPTIONS...even if the subject is Obama's race.

    Surely, this rule would not be that hard to moderate.

    You see a thread with reference to race...just move it to the 'Race Relations' thread.

    If starting a thread about 'race' is not a 'race relation' - what is?



    You censor simple insults...why not racism?

    Is that not an insult?
    BTW - I meant (in the highlighted part) all threads that are about race.

    Not all threads that just mention it somewhere within them.

    That is probably obvious - but I just wanted to be clear.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heroclitus View Post
    You should read my post properly and think. Saying a black person performs worse at school is only racist if you say that this is due to inherent differences. Look up "inherent". Perhaps it is your view that these statistics can only be explained by "inherent" differences, which if this were the case, would indeed be racist and would explain why you have some difficulties with people here.

    To take another point of view though. It is not racist to argue that black people perform worse at school because they have schools with less funding, family backgrounds with more poverty and less educated parents, less access to learning materials like books, and are living in neighbourhoods where there is a lot of crime. These would explain the statistics in a way that would mean that the statistics were not due to inherent racial characteristics, but due to socio-environmental factors that were not inherent to their race.

    I appreciate that someone needs to have a record of some reasonable educational attainment to understand my argument. Most people with a university degree understand it from my other post without me having to explain it in depth like this. It is easier to follow if it is read slowly.


    Without including substantial proof of your point...your statement is racist (imo).

    You do not agree?

    Guess if I care that much or not?




    BTW - a little advice...do not assume you are as clever as you seem to think you are.
    Last edited by DA60; Feb 24 2012 at 07:16 AM.

  8. Default

    Here is an example of a thread in the 'Current Events' section.

    White People Unite Against Obama

    http://www.politicalforum.com/1060909777-post1.html


    Can someone please tell why this thread could not be moved to the 'Race Relations' section...and all threads like it?
    Last edited by DA60; Feb 24 2012 at 07:22 AM.

  9. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post


    Without including substantial proof of your point...your statement is racist (imo).

    You do not agree?

    Guess if I care that much or not?

    BTW - a little advice...do not assume you are as clever as you seem to think you are.
    Couldn't you quite follow the argument enough to refute it? What a shame.
    Plus on aime quelqu'un, moins il faut qu'on le flatte:
    À rien pardonner le pur amour éclate.
    Moliere

    I think the term "classical liberal" is also equally applicable. I don't really care very much what I'm called. I'm much more interested in having people thinking about the ideas, rather than the person. Milton Friedman

    Die Sonne scheint noch. Es lebe die Freiheit!

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heroclitus View Post
    Couldn't you quite follow the argument enough to refute it? What a shame.
    You are, of course, assuming I read your post past the second sentence.


    Do you waste your time reading posts of people you have little respect for?

    Well, I do not.

    Seriously.


    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; Feb 24 2012 at 07:48 AM.

  11. #20
    wales uk wales
    Location: UK, Cymru mostly, sometimes England.
    Posts: 8,759
    Blog Entries: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    You are, of course, assuming I read your post past the second sentence.


    Again, I refer you to my statement:

    'Guess if I care that much or not?'

    I find that Heroclitus is happier on 'ignore', where he belongs.

Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks