+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Double standards reach new depths in British courts

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Anders Hoveland View Post
    He was talking to someone else, not about the soccer player. He called one of the other users on twitter a "n*ger", not Muamba. And that other user was probably not even Black. Yes, he somewhat implied that the other user was Black by just because they were a fan of Muamba, by saying "wog" and "go pick cotton". But he said plenty of other non-racist insults also. I really do not see why anyone is taking this so seriously.
    You fail to notice I said I was not saying I was in agreement with the judgement so let's just leave that out as you have.

A young man was fighting for his life. His racist filth was offensive. It doesn't matter who he is showing his deep racism to, he is showing it. I notice you fail to quote when he suggests the other poster
    Go suck muamba's dead black dick then you aids ridden (*)(*)(*)(*)!
    Liam Stacey is sick. I notice you again were trying to misrepresent what was said. He may have been using racist terminology towards a poster who may or may not have been black but he most certainly was deliberately using this racist filth to show his disdain for black people and in particular his disdain for a young black man who was critically ill. He saw that man as a suitable person to show his perversion towards sexually defiling corpses. Of course he was mistaken, the man was not dead.

Public forums are not your private lounge, they are public forums where every one in the world can read them. Clearly people complained.

I think this is just one more reason why ethnic diversity is not a good thing. Now many Britains resent all this diversity, and everyone's rights are threatened because the government feels they have to arrest people who type silly comments on twitter. If the cost of multiculturalism is that saying "offensive" things becomes a crime, then is it really worth it?
    OMG, you do not know the UK at all! Many people are questioning the sentence and that happens often. However I have yet to see anyone questioning whether Liam Stacey is anything but a sick bastard. Admittedly he likely will move more in the direction of racists but he obviously was an out and out racist anyway. His speech was disgusting. His college were even considering expelling him. All that is a lot to pay but it doesn't get away from the fact that he was an indecent racist who was even suggesting necrophilia.

There is a very strong attitude against racism towards blacks in this country. You do not really expect people to change their minds about that because a sick drunk racist possibly lost the opportunity to hide it for a little while and possibly received an over harsh punishment? The place where I have seen the strongest questioning of his sentence are in The Guardian and Open Democracy but no one is questioning whether he was slime!

2. Prosper.com, finance, financial, investing, lending, borrowing, banking, credit card, payday, borrowers, lenders, debt consolidation, Prosper, investment, personal loans, personal loan, investors, investment opportunities, debt consolidation

3. Default

So those that preach tolerance are are unable to let something so small go unpunished? Even when it is just some poorly-thought out silly comments typed into twitter by a very young man?

Honestly, the progressives now are no better than the biggots before.

england us georgia

So those that preach tolerance are are unable to let something so small go unpunished? Even when it is just some poorly-thought out silly comments typed into twitter by a very young man?

Honestly, the progressives now are no better than the biggots before.
    For you to call others Bigots , is very sad . Have you no self perception ?
    You tick every box that fits that description in your obsessional prejudices .

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    However I have yet to see anyone questioning whether Liam Stacey is anything but a sick bastard.
    Maybe, maybe not. I think that's possibly words you reserve for the more extreme criminals in society. Paedophiles and murderers come to mind. I'm sorry but if you think this is shocking you don't know a huge amount about the UK, things like this are thrown around by youngsters all the time, I know plenty of "sick bastards" by this definition. To be honest, I'm mixed race white/black Carribean - I have friends you would consider sick bastards, Black, White and Asian, who are quite happy to make Maddy jokes for example. It's poor taste, and this kid has felt the full wrath of the PC crowd. And maybe there is a need to make an example of "trolling" but this happens all the time, under innumerable youtube videos you see comments just as off-putting, so really you should be knocking on all of these kids doors and locking them up? Or what? Only the one's that people get up in arms about I guess. Racism should be tackled at the core - target the BNP rallies, or subversive fascism and neo-Nazism and hooliganism (is Liam connected to any of this?) replete within the football world, locking this kid up doesn't bowl me over as a triumph in the fight against racism at all.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345