Women speak out against abuse

Discussion in 'Abortion' started by Anders Hoveland, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

Women speak out against the abuse committed against them

[video=youtube;LIJW0q_JRLk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIJW0q_JRLk[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPF1FhCMPuQ

Despite what some people may think, an abortion doesn't absolutely have a perfect 100% chance of doing its intended job. Melissa Ohden is a survivor of a saline abortion— a type of abortion that results in horrific chemical burns all over the baby's body, but which fortunately is almost never practiced now. The effects of a saline abortion are so horrific that the moderators in this forum deleted a whole thread just because I posted pictures— pictures which didn't even show any blood or severed limbs! I'm sure you can only imagine how horrific these burns are. Fortunately young skin heals fast.

[video=youtube;571B4ZiIZ_Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=571B4ZiIZ_Y[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk0cW6MGLas

"When I was born, I weighed 3 pounds 2 ounces. My hips were dislocated, my feet were clubbed feet, so they were turned in, and I had to be on life support. And my [newly adopted] parents couldn't pick me up until that two and half months were over."

Just in case any of you didn't get the obvious, all these problems she mentioned presumably resulted from the abortion. Apparently the abortion instruments went toward the feet, which was a good thing because if they had gone towards the head like they were intended she would be dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5inizpmIg

Gianna Jessen suffers from debilitating life-long cerebral palsy as a result of her abortion— an abortion which she had no choice over.

Like all survivors of abuse, Gianna Jessen and Melissa Ohden carry scars from their past that will stay with them for the rest of their life.
    Abortion is a women's rights issue. I just wonder when pro-choicers will actually get onboard.

2. Pasithea

Pasithea Banned at Members Request Past Donor

Saline abortions are no longer performed so I don't really see your point here.

3. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

That's not entirely true. While much rarer than they once were, they are still being performed.
    I can't find any exact statistics for last year, but in 1996 (not that long ago) there were 617 saline abortions performed in the city of New York alone.
    According to the Center for Health Statistics at the Minnesota Department of Health, saline abortions may have been performed on more than 50 women in the state between 2002 and 2006. Representative Patti Fritz and state Senator Amy Koch introduced a bill to ban saline abortions. Andrea Rau, MCCL Legislative Associate, had this to say: “Saline abortions are one of the most brutal and inhumane medical procedures performed today. Even though saline abortion causes horrific suffering for unborn babies and poses great dangers to women’s health, it is still legal in Minnesota. Outlawing this grotesque abortion procedure is long overdue."

While abortion survivors are rare, it is also quite rare for a gun to ever actually ever be used in a murder. Yet this does not stop Liberals from wanting to ban guns.

Something else to consider is that there may be many abortion survivors that we don't hear about. Occasionally babies are actually born alive during the abortion. This may happen more often than we think.
    This is from a recorded 911 call received from an abortion clinic:
    "I need an ambulance... It's a women's clinc. My friend was having an abortion, and the baby was born alive."
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/com...er-whose-born-alive-baby-died-abortion-clinic

4. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

Here is a pro-choice abortion commercial from 1986. Does anyone else find it just creepy?

[video=youtube;TjivLa7Qfvs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjivLa7Qfvs[/video]

It was in really bad taste to film it in a little child's bedroom, if you ask me.

5. Pasithea

Pasithea Banned at Members Request Past Donor

Interesting, I did not know that. Well they certainly should be banned as they are not healthy for the woman at all. I definitely agree on that. We have much better and safer procedures now.

Uh what? Liberals and guns. I don't really see the correlation to abortion here but ok. That's a bit off topic isn't it?

If it is born alive then it is not an abortion. The baby has been born and if it is killed at that point it is murder. Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy and nothing more.

6. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

The problem is, when you "terminate" the pregnancy, the developing human fetus isn't just put into some cryo-stasis chamber in a state of indefinite suspended animation.
    When women can terminate their pregnancies without killing their babies, only then will I support it.

7. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

Those two women didn't survive an abortion. No one survives an abortion, thats a stupid as saying that you survived being murdered.

8. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Uncle Ferd says...

... mebbe dey need to speak out against...

... provoking the abuse as well.
    :police:

9. Cady

Cady Well-Known Member Past Donor

The only reason children's bedrooms even exist is because women CHOSE to give birth. (Except in the cases they were forced to, of course)

10. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

A woman does not "chose" to give birth. She chooses to engage in sexual intercourse. She chooses not to pay someone to violently rip out her little fetus from the womb.

11. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

[video=youtube;0WHTQEfhb_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WHTQEfhb_E[/video]

12. WhatNow!?

WhatNow!? New Member

An aside, married Senator Amy Koch(R) is no longer "working"...got caught bonking a staffer...her morals are in question. :)

13. Fugazi

Fugazi New Member Past Donor

Wow... I didn't realise that my x-wife and I didn't "choose" to have a child, don't know who else decide we would though

14. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

15. The Amazing Sam's Ego

The Amazing Sam's Ego Banned at Members Request

Should those saline abortions still be kept legal? Even if the fetuses actually feel some pain during those procedures?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.jillstanek.com/legislation-inspirations/new-abortion-ba.html

16. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

I have just one question to pro-choicers. What if it had been you? What if you had been the one who was aborted in your mother's womb?

"The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. It has sown violence and discord at the heart of the most intimate human relationships. It has aggravated the derogation of the father's role in an increasingly fatherless society. It has portrayed the greatest of gifts ‒ a child ‒ as a competitor, an intrusion, and an inconvenience. It has nominally accorded mothers unfettered dominion over the independent lives of their physically dependent sons and daughters. And, in granting this unconscionable power, it has exposed many women to unjust and selfish demands from their husbands or other sexual partners."
    — Mother Teresa

http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org/articles/article.aspx?articleid=91

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs...on-of-women-a-conversation-with-brian-fisher/

17. OKgrannie

OKgrannie Well-Known Member Past Donor

This silly question has been answered ad infinitum. One who is aborted never has an regrets or sorrows or feels any pain.

Mother Teresa was known for her service to the poor, that does not make her an expert on any other subject. She never experienced a pregnancy (that we know of), never experienced childbirth, never reared a child. She has no special authority to speak on this subject.

Propaganda, emotional propaganda.

18. Agent_Babylon

Agent_Babylon New Member

If it had been any of us, we wouldn't have known.

Isn't this the same Mother Teresa who took stolen money from people of Haiti? The same Mother Teresa who praised the bloody regimes of Papa and Baby Doc who murdered their own people by the truck load with their tonton macoutes? The same person who held her tongue when Indira Gandhi had suspended civil liberties. Meanwhile, in her Homes for the Dying, she denied her patients relief and wanted them to suffer for Jesus. Mother Teresea wasn't a saint, but a swindler. She left people to die in agony while she made sure she got the best medical treatment in the world.

19. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

Neither does a murder victim who was caught unaware and killed instantaneously. Whether killing is acceptable hinges not on whether the victim feels "regrets, pain, or sorrows".

20. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

And why do you think that is??
    Could it be that getting pregnant really is a choice? :smile:

Would you say that a woman who has experienced abortion does? Or would you just mock them when they happen to be pro-life after realizing what a terrible mistake it was?

21. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

22. Fugazi

This is purely a culture item and has no bearing on abortion, when a culture values the male more than the female then it is what happens, prior to readily available abortions female babies were more likely to be killed or abandoned and the leaders of this culture value are usually men .. change the culture that values a male above a female.

This is also one of the reasons why female fetuses being aborted has increased in the USA, immigrants that have settled there have also brought with them their culture values of a male being worth more than a female, add to that the culture view that a man is not a man unless he has many children, so yet again it is education and birth control that is required not legislation.

23. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

...Or when a culture values the woman so much more than the unborn child...

Yes, women should be EDUCATED not to get abortions. I would entirely support that.

24. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

Technically, abortion just means that the pregnancy is being prematurely ended, the fetus may or may not survive.
    Babies are born alive all the time during induced labor abortions.

25. Fugazi

why oh why do you always have to side step the very argument you are trying to make by flying off on a tangent .. is it some sort of defense mechanism that when you argument has been quashed you just have to find another irrelevant comment to add.

Remember it was your assertion not mine, I just proved it wrong.

finally you have said something with a hint of sense (first time for everything).. however I would say it is children who should be educated that abortion is NOT something to be taken lightly, along with sex education, contraception, pregnancy and the emotional side as well.