Does Apartheid Exist in America?

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by ryobi, Nov 25, 2013.

1. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

What’s the difference between these two signs?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mr. Swedish Guy

Mr. Swedish Guy New Member

This isn't the satire and humour forum.

And the difference is that one of the signs mentions race. I assume you're trying to convince us the second sign is somehow racist. Needless to say, your case isn't very strong.

3. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

I don't think racism is, quote, "humorous"

I never even took a position. I just asked a question, but I think it's interesting that someone who finds racism, quote, "humorous," assumed what my position was.

The difference is apartheid is still fashionable in one case, and not the other. In one case Blacks were not allowed on a beach whites were allowed on. In the other case whites are not allowed on a beach Native Americans are allowed on. One case of apartheid is still politically correct, the other is not.

I wonder what Nelson Mandela would think of apartheid in America-eh???

4. Mr. Swedish Guy

Oh, tribal.. tribal as in native americans, I see. Doesn't make much difference though. It could be that the beach is owned by the tribe, and reasonably they have the right to tell people not to trespass. That has nothing to do with race.

5. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

Of all of the dumb "apartheid in America" examples, this is definitely one of them.

But they are all dumb. No valid comparison exists.

6. smevins

smevins New Member

The City of Durban is in South Africa. This has to do with the US how exactly?

7. smevins

smevins New Member

The beach is on the tribal reservation that has been federally recognized.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2017464940_apwaquinaultbeaches.html

8. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

Really???

a·part·heid
    [uh-pahrt-heyt, -hahyt] Show IPA

noun
    (in the Republic of South Africa) a rigid policy of segregation of the nonwhite population.

any system or practice that separates people according to race, caste, etc

9. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

Apartheid isn't, "dumb"

Apartheid is morally reprehensible wherever it may it exist and regardless of which races may be involved.

10. smevins

smevins New Member

It is THEIR land that THEY legally hold--if I owned the beach, I would get to decide who or who does not get to use it. If you are that bothered by it, marry a member of the tribe and then maybe you will get to see that you have missed nothing different on that 30 miles of beach that could not be found on the states 127 other miles of coastline

11. Lil Mike

I didn't say apartheid was dumb, I said your comparison of it to a beach on tribal property was dumb. That's no more apartheid than me telling neighborhood kids to get off my lawn.

12. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

Actually that beach is one of the few places in the NW where you can surf. So it is different than most of the states other 127 miles of coastline.

13. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

Yeah it would be like that if those neighborhood kids were of a different race than your own.

But if it's legal to ban people who are a different race than your own from a place, I suppose it would be legal if I bought a store and only allowed chinese people to shop there-right?

14. Lil Mike

Your comparisons are pretty far off the mark. I guess you don't believe in property rights and think you can go on other people's property uninvited.

15. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

So I guess It's fine if I bought a store and only allowed Chinese people to shop there-right?

16. Lil Mike

Your initial example was beach property owned by an Indian tribe. Do you think you have the right to trespass on their property?

17. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

I believe apartheid is morally reprehensible wherever it may exist and regardless of which races may be involved, but I suppose you must believe it was OK for the white South Africans to ban blacks from their beaches-right? if you believe allowing one race to do something while banning other races from doing the same thing is OK-right?

18. holston

holston Banned

No, apartheid does not exist in the US, forced integration does.

One is now obliged by legal and prevailing social forces to accept total integration, including cohabitation with and procreation with members of other races.

High on the list is the promotion of interracial sex and marriage between black men and white women, with Jewish men getting first dibs. White (non-Jewish) men who are not well heeled or connected may pick up the remainder.

Look at TV and advertising for all the evidence you need. Just as well, pay attention to the way such integrated couples are paired up when you are out. Do you see a predominance of one over the other where such instances occur?

Note also the constant media tenor which promotes these unions as essential to "civil rights" and the ancillary condemnation of those who express a preference for their own kind as being "racist".

The agenda is not simply one of promoting equal treatment under the law or making efforts to engender good will and cooperation between different races, the object is to FORCE a mixing of races upon all people whether they like it or not, with the brunt of the sacrifice being borne by the vilified class, namely, non-Jewish white males. That's what they call "social justice".

19. Lil Mike

Other races? You're changing the subject since your subject, this tribal owned beach, had nothing to do with apartheid. It's property rights pure and simple. I guess you commies think you can trespass on any private property you want, but if you do it again, I hope they kick you out again.

20. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

Ad hominen attacks are the last bastion of a position that cannot withstand scrutiny

:wink:

If I bought a store and banned Native Americans from shopping there, I suppose it would be OK since it was my property-right- just like it's OK for Native Americans to ban people from a beach they can go to because they're Native American because it's the tribes, "private property,"-right

:roll:

21. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

I own a business, and according to lil mike I'm a commie.

Wrap your head around that one for a minute-lol

:roll:

22. Mr. Swedish Guy

I don't think the same rules apply when you offer services like that. When you own land though, you can decide whom you'd allow on it on whatever arbitrary basis you want.

23. Lil Mike

It's not an ad hominen attack, it's a description of your social/political philosophy. You don't believe in, or recognize property rights. That puts you pretty firmly on the OWS/Marxist/Commie side of the ledger.

24. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

No, I'm not a, "commie"-LOL. I'm an egalitarean. I believe discrimination is wrong regardless of which gender or races are involved.

25. Lil Mike

First of all, "egalitarian" is usually a code word for some kind of Marxist, so you are confirming what I thought.

Secondly, this:

[​IMG]

...says no trespassing. It doesn't specify no trespassing based on your race. It's private property, so keep out. It's like you are arguing that you have a right to just run into someone's house and if they are a different color than you and want you to leave, they're racists for wanting you out of their house.