Israelis acknowledge Nakba, urge unity.

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by moon, May 2, 2014.

1. moon

moon Well-Known Member

Nothing reinforces truth more than when its ' enemy' commits to it.
    This group of jews and arabs set a fine example and offer a way forward for all reasoning parties, particularly young jews and arabs who have had more than enough of the stalemate.

The ' Palestine Remembered' site has long since published a pre-1948 map of Palestine but to encapsulate that in a ' phone app. is a welcome development. People will be instantly able to connect with reference points and the same old tired arguments will be consigned to history's scrap heap.
    Congratulations to jewish and arab youth.

2. moon

moon Well-Known Member

A discussion of the efforts of this Zochrot group is particularly relevant as Nakba Day approaches.

Clearly, the Israeli government is NOT- contrary to the claims of some- interested in equality of citizenship in Israel. Can anybody imagine it preventing funding for ' Independence ' Day celebrations ?

3. moon

moon Well-Known Member

Self-bumped for Nakba Day. Many jews and arabs are already friends.

4. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

The Arabs must accept their shared responsibility for the 1948, 1967, and 2000 Nakba.

Their actions have consequences.

5. Rainbow Crow

Rainbow Crow New Member Past Donor

People tend to forget / not know that Israel captured Palestine when it was invaded by 5-6 countries at once and needed to use the land as a platform for its defense. The idea that Israel should abandon Palestine presumes that Israel doesn't need that land in order to drastically improve its odds for survival.

6. Ronstar

Never forget how BIG Palestine would be today, if the Arabs didn't attack in 1947, 1948, 1967, and 2000.

7. moon

moon Well-Known Member

And what about Palestine's survival- bearing in mind that the Occupation is illegal, as are the squats ?

- - - Updated - - -

Nonsense. Resistance to invasion is everybody's right.

8. Rainbow Crow

When two people can't both survive it's not fair for outsiders to judge the victor. If the Palestinians would peacefully assimilate into Israel they would be fine, but they have mostly chosen not to.

9. trout mask replica

trout mask replica New Member

Are there any other acts of ethnic cleansing you, as a liberal Zionist, feel as though you want to be an apologist for?

10. trout mask replica

Ok, how about I come and steal your land and property in California or wherever and banish you and your family to the four corners of the globe. Have you as a newly exiled Californian chosen to not assimilate as a result of your ethnic cleansing from your land?

11. Rainbow Crow

If you did it to survive yourself, then I would try to get along with you.

12. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

I wonder when the anti-zionists will apologize for the nakba disaster they created for mizrahi jews in the farhud and countless other pogroms in Libya, Egypt, and other 'arab' countries. The anti-zionists want the palestinians of today to suffer as much as possible to create an eye sore in the world so they can blame Israel. If they really cared about the palestinians suffering they would condemn both hamas and fatah and would have taken in the palestinians in the 22 'arab' countries that already exist. They have plenty of land to give of their own to the palestinians in refugee camps, but they don't. They want them in refugee camps so they can blame israel for their plight. People don't get it, the anti-zionists care nothing for the palestinian suffering, they only use it to try to wipe israel from the pages of time.

13. trout mask replica

I speak here as somebody who opposes land theft and illegal expansionism. If you want to refer to that as anti-Zionism then so be it. By virtue of the fact that Israel is America's principal middle east proxy, means that, contrary to your assertion, it cannot realistically be wiped from the pages of time.

Incidentally, the former Iranian president, from whom the quote was taken, was quoted incorrectly. What in fact he was referring to was the repugnant ideology of neo-Zionism, not Israel per se.

In fact, the irony is, the only state in the region that is being physically wiped from the map as we speak is Palestine which, paradoxically, you falsely infer is the agency responsible for wiping the state that's its oppressor off the map - Israel. Orwell clearly had you in mind when he wrote 1984.

So Israel is here to stay and all sensible and rational people understand this. Moreover, most people are able to make the kind of distinction I alluded to. What is NOT here to stay, however, is Israeli expansionism and the neo-Zionist ideology that reinforces it.

14. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

You are wrong sir. Ahmadinejad was not misquoted, thats one of the oldest, outdated anti-zionist lies in the book. He has said death to israel, and iranian missile banners have said in ENGLISH 'Israel must be wiped off the map". I already explained this in another post.

15. trout mask replica

By anti-Zionists you mean neo-Zionists. You've got your terminology all upside down and back to front. Is it any wonder you are confused. Second point, he didn't make the claim that was falsely attributed to him by neo-Zionists and others. This has been debunked numerously to the point of ad-nauseum on here and I've no intention of going over this again. I assume you are new to this forum?

16. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

Its hilarious that people deny that Iran said "Israel must be wiped off the map" when they even said it in plain ENGLISH and plastered it on the side of shahab 3 missile. Hmm...I wonder what missiles are for? I have followed this whole ridiculous ahmadinejad controversy for a decade. I remember when several academics and american persian language scholars like juan cole pretentiously quibbled over farsi translations, when the whole time the Iranians wrote the message in ENGLISH for the whole world to see, in a military missile parade of all places! What a farce! Defending Ahmadinejad of all people! The very guy who said "Death to Israel! and was the president of the murderous, theocratic Islamic Republic of Iran. The theocracy that hangs girls from cranes!

17. Ronstar

yeah, but every time they "resist' they lose a lot more land.

maybe its time to try a different strategy.

18. moon

moon Well-Known Member

Nonsense. The correct translation is a matter of record, certified by at least one American professor fluent in both Farsi and Arabic. We understand that truth doesn't suit Zionism's aggressive agenda- but we prefer it to the alternative.

It's more hilarious watching Zion-pumpers still trying to push a melted snowball.

19. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

While the pretentious anti-zionist Juan Cole was quibbling over supposed mistranslations of farsi, I myself saw the video on Iranian state tv where the Iranian government itself put a banner on the new shahab 3 missile that stated in plain english "Israel must be wiped off the map". And while Juan cole was ignoring this, Ahmadinejad said "death to israel" in farsi, which can't be denied. The controversy was incredibly silly, and I actually know more than Juan cole when it comes to what Iran actually said. Again, the official iranian banner during the state parade for the new shahab 3 missile said "Israel must be wiped off the map" and they wrote it in english.

20. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

Esra'il baayad az safheye roozgaar mahv shavad.

And "Israel should be wiped out of the face of the world"

BasijSlogan.jpg

Second banner:

Farsi:

Esraa'il baayad az safheye roozgaar mahv gardad.

And "ISRAEL MUST BE WIPED OFF THE MAP"

View attachment 27101

Everyone take note that in the second banner on the shahab 3 missile, the first word "Esra'il" (Israel) is written in red, like blood, in farsi.

Should any of these statements surprise us? No, I think not. The regime is guilty of slaughtering their own people, torturing and raping women, hanging them from cranes and stoning them. Juan Cole is out of his league here, he may be a linguist, but he allows his anti-zionism to blind him from seeing the obvious.

21. moon

moon Well-Known Member

This post verges on the fanatical and has no basis in fact. It simply goes to prove that dangerous pro-Zionist extremists will warp, distort, fabricate and otherwise debase the truth with images, videos and other false accounts as part of the Zionist war frenzy.
    The young people described in the OP are wise to this agenda and scorn it. They are the united arabs and jews of tomorrow.

22. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

lmao, you have no proof that the images are fabricated. Not even a shred of evidence. You don't like seeing the truth that I have spoken, so you say its fake. I have seen the videos of the shahab 3 missile parades on Iranian state television long before Juan Cole ever inserted himself, long before there was even a debate about Iranian statements about Israel. The truth hurts. My post has every basis in fact. Its what the basij forces of Khamenei and the Islamic republic plastered on the side of the missile so there would be no room for interpretation. They wanted the world to know that "Israel must be wiped off the map". They said it, not me. Your denial of the facts is not surprising, but is amusing.

23. moon

moon Well-Known Member

You cannot prove that they are not. These forums are awash with fanatical claims - almost entirely of the ' Iraqi WMD ' variety. People would have to be brain-dead to believe any of the crass distortions peddled therein. Ask the survivors of the Iraq wars or even the relatives of the 5,000 US service personnel killed and the 76,000 crippled for ' Israel's security '. Enough. The deceit can't extend to war with Iran. Put your photochops away.

24. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

They are not 'photochops'. They are real. There is real video footage of these missile parades. You are the one who put out the claim that they are fake, without any evidence. So the burden of proof is on you sir. The video from Iran state tv is very real. It clearly says 'ISRAE MUST BE WIPED OFF OF THE MAP" in plain english, clear as day. I have seen this video many, many times. Many iranian posters and banners are written in english, farsi, and arabic. If you do not know this, than you do not know enough about the Iranian regime. Ahmadinejad has also said "marg bar esra'il" which means death to israel. They support Hizbullah and Hamas, and the Hamas charter states the interest is to destroy the jewish people. Its all there, all of the evidence. Hamas has targeted civilians and has blown up buses and pizza shops with suicide bombers, with funding from Iran. This is so well known its not even funny. If they do this, why is it so hard to believe they say "Israel must be wiped off the map"? A regime capable of funding suicide bombing is more than capable of saying such a thing. Your attempts to defend this regime are absurd, they beat their own citizens in the streets, hang young girls from cranes, and have stoned women. If they do this to their own people, why is it past them to make a simple, violent statement against Israel?

Anti-zionist Syria even invited David Duke, a white supremacist and former kkk leader to speak against the jews, so did Iran. If you don't know this, you need to do more research on the region. Your baseless accusations of 'photoshopping' are outrageous but unfortunately expected. Anti-zionists will deny the truth when its staring them right in the face. I posted the photo with the transliteration of farsi, and the english. Don't blame the messenger, blame the Islamic Republic of Iran for saying these words. I didn't say them, they did. Get over it and move on.

25. moon

moon Well-Known Member

Not at all. Such video ' evidence ' and photochops are so common that it's become the responsibility of the provider to offer some measure of authenticity. Yours don't make it.

The young people described in the OP are wise to this agenda and scorn it. They are the united arabs and jews of tomorrow. " Get over it and move on." I think you said.