New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by nra37922, Aug 22, 2014.

1. nra37922

nra37922 Well-Known Member

Quite an interesting article.
    http://news.msn.com/us/new-fear-what-happens-in-ferguson-if-no-charges
    "The fear among some local residents and officials trying to maintain peace in Ferguson is that failure to charge the officer could stoke new anger among a community profoundly mistrustful of the legal system." "This officer has to be indicted. I'd hate to see what happens if he isn't. The rioting, the looting, man ...," said resident Larry Loveless, 29,.."

Is this what are system of laws is changing into? Can our country survive if the threat of a riot, or other violence, scares a Grand Jury enough to bring an unwarranted indictment? And then how can we be sure that the GJ wasn't scare when they signed the indictment and took the easy way out?

2. Dispondent

Dispondent Well-Known Member Past Donor

That's why Holder is there, to manufacture sufficient charges to save his people from destroying their own neighborhoods...

3. Russ103

Russ103 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Throw a cop under the bus driven by Hoder, with Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton riding in the back before even giving the officer a chance to tell his side of the story to a grand jury?? Yeah, absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong with that:roll:

I'm not all that shocked anymore by the kind of BS the drive by media manufactures on a daily basis, I am stunned beyond words at the amount of morons who fall for the narrative that a bunch of so called "journalists" feed them though.

4. JP5

JP5 Former Moderator Past Donor

That would be reminiscent of the wild west....."let's string him up" mentality. Mob action is not something we can tolerate here in our country. And I say that whether it's the Black Panthers, the KKK, or the people of Ferguson or any other town in America. Rioting and looting is NOT the way to solve problems. And making the policeman 'pay' when he broke no laws and was just doing his job.....is very, very wrong.

5. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

Lets throw a temper tantrum like a bunch of children and destroy our own community because we are upset and then talk trash about the racist government when they don't come in and rebuild it for us.

Makes perfect sense.

Here's something ironic. I'm black, I have only encountered police one time in my entire life which was when I was 16 and got a speeding ticket. Never been randomly stopped by the cops for no reason, never been minding my own business and arrested, and never been shot to death by the cops.

Maybe Im not "black enough" to get such special treatment. Or maybe it's something else....Yeah Im pretty sure its something else. I would say it but me and my Uncle Tom are sitting here having a beer so I'll let others form their own conclusions as to why somebody like me might be immune to such treatment.

6. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

If he was attacked by Brown, then I don't care what happens. Let the chips fall where they may.

You don't charge a police officer that is attacked for trying to apprehend the criminal.

7. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

It's the police officer's fault for trying to curb crime while being white I guess.

8. The Mello Guy

The Mello Guy Well-Known Member

Like the other time he did that? Which was when exactly?

9. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

This leftwing generated insanity has to stop. George Zimmerman was taken to court despite the State of Florida admitting that it did not have enough to arrest the man, much less take him to court. But after Obama's "If I had a son he would look like . . . " RACISM and after racist Eric Holder put heavy pressure on the State of Florida it was decided to prosecute Zimmerman after all. The result was a perfectly predictable fiasco for the rabid Left. Now the same group of radicals are at it again. Eventually the citizens of this nation are going to reach their tolerance limit with leftwingers BLATANTLY twisting the justice system itself out of joint to try and force predetermined verdicts adhering to Politically Correct leftwing ideology.

10. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

I can't imagine the racists won't gin up some charges but if they don't I suspect the exact same thing will happen as will happen if they do file charges. Nothing much. Over the next 18 months the percentage of the population that is black will go even higher as everyone else tries to leave. Arson will increase as people try to collect insurance for homes they can't sell. Unemployment will go even higher. And blacks will keep killing blacks. Police officers in Ferguson will be applying for jobs in every police department possible. And, in six months, President Obama, AG Eric Holder, Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson will say, "Ferguson? Where's that?"

11. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

You "never been shot to death by the cops"? Wow! I was positive I was reading the post of a dead person.:hmm:

12. PT Again

PT Again New Member

What I love is how the "star" witness has multiple lawyers............

13. ronmatt

ronmatt New Member

Everything is almost word for word. I'm thinking that the left has stuff pre-printed with 'fill in the name' and 'fill in the place' lines left blank

14. Grokmaster

Grokmaster Well-Known Member Past Donor

Screw the criminal-coddling left; this whole race pimped debacle of crime in Ferguson will be a RALLYING CRY against them in November. Americans aren't being fooled by the race-baiting rhetoric of Holder, Sharpton, Nixon, etal, NOT ONE BIT.

15. Dispondent

Dispondent Well-Known Member Past Donor

For SHAME, how dare you suggest Jackson and Sharpton sit in the back...

Although I do agree with what you are saying... :)

16. BroncoBilly

BroncoBilly Well-Known Member Past Donor

Good post, you just have too much common sense. :smile:

Why would anyone want to open a business in Ferguson after this kind of rioting destruction. Now we will see how the insurance companies will be trying to wiggle out of paying for the total destruction of these businesses.

17. Oldyoungin

Oldyoungin Well-Known Member

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said George Zimmerman of Florida may have been acquitted of murder charges in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, but in the eyes of the federal government, he’s still living in a shadow of suspicion.

Mr. Holder said he’s still not sure if the federal government will pursue civil rights charges against Mr. Zimmerman, Breitbart.com reported.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-still-charge-george-zimmerman/#ixzz3BAT2pbFw
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

18. Gatewood

Yep, because they are gambling on the broken clock scenario of it being correct twice in per day. They figure that eventually there really will be an absolutely perfect, no possibility of it going sour on them case of a White authority figure and -- they hope; oh HOW they hope! -- registered Tea Party member and undeniable racist deliberately committing murder against a tiny little ANGEL of an ethnic or racial minority child, and so they keep shrieking "Racism!" and "Murder!" BEFORE any meaningful evidence is gathered simply because they want it to be true.

Just think about that; they actually WANT to have a Black -- or sufficiently dark skin-toned ethnic minority -- murdered by a White official of some sort just so that they can share a community Obamagasm over the event.

19. Southern Dad

Southern Dad Member

The St Louis County Prosecuting Attorney knows exactly what he is doing. Rather than make the decision to file charges against the officer and order his arrest, he threw it to a Grand Jury to True Bill or No Bill it. If it is No Billed, the prosecutor can try again when the next grand jury is seated. By doing this, he is able to say that he didn't make the decision but rather citizens of St Louis County on the Grand Jury made the decision. In addition, Grand Jury proceeding are secret. They are even safe from subpoenas and FOIA requests.

20. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

I have to say, this is one issue that I don't care that much about. Sort of like with the Laci Peterson murder, the Amanda Knox trial, etc.

The cops have (*)(*)(*)(*)ed up big time in Ferguson. And the protestors act like a bunch of thugs.

Since both sides seemed (*)(*)(*)(*)ed up, I throw up my hands and just am glad I don't live there.

:)

21. The Mello Guy

The Mello Guy Well-Known Member

From 2013. Still no charges huh?

22. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

and none coming.

regardless of what the race-baitors thought.

23. nom de plume

nom de plume New Member

There are times when justice, rules of law, fairness and the constitution must be sacrificed for the common good of all. Even if the white policeman is innocent, he must receive harsh punishment in order to prevent a further outbreak of savagery and barbarity in the black community which could cost lives.

There are times when even the most noble and honorable of men of the court must sacrifice their very souls and principles for the mutual and collective benefit of others.

There are times when innocent white police officers should volunteer themselves to be martyrs and submit to the heroic and noble act of sacrifice in order to maintain peace and calm among the people they are sworn to protect and defend.

Thank you

24. Gatewood

I rather suspect that the Left turning the nation upside down twice during one administration over bogus racial events will rather erode their support in November. If nothing else vast numbers of nominal Dem Party voters will just stay home, sitting on their hands -- and way more than were originally predicted to do just that last year. The Left had BETTER clean up their act where these bogus shrieks of "Racist!" and "Racism!" are concerned before the 2016 presidential election rolls around because it appears that the average citizen is getting sick and tired of that cynical political ploy.

25. Texan

Texan Well-Known Member

That is stupid. Who would want to be a police officer under those conditions. That's a recipe for anarchy. If they sacrifice the cop for an indictment, are they going to sacrifice his partner for a trial? What about the shop owners? Is their livelihood held hostage by this as well? Right is right and wrong is wrong. You have to stand for something. This is why the 2A exists, so we don't have to depend on law enforcement to keep us safe. Their job is to patrol and respond. They cannot guarantee our safety.