The GOP cannot survive as a party that panders to or even "overlooks" racists within

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Gorn Captain, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Trust his sincerity or not....Rand Paul is open about the problem the GOP has....

By KATIE GLUECK | 9/18/14 8:30 PM EDT

Sen. Rand Paul on Thursday blasted his own party for making it tougher for minorities to vote.

The Kentucky Republican, a likely presidential candidate, has long argued that drug laws disproportionately affect minorities and has also championed restoring voting rights for some non-violent felons.

He laid out those views in a speech at the Liberty PAC conference, a gathering tied to his father, libertarian icon Ron Paul.

“So many times, Republicans are seen as this party of, ‘We don’t want black people to vote because they’re voting Democrat, we don’t want Hispanic people to vote because they’re voting Democrat,’” he said. “We wonder why the Republican Party is so small. Why don’t we be the party that’s for people voting, for voting rights?”

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/...s-minorities-voting-111129.html#ixzz3ELc7HTYl

Paul may be self-serving...or he may be truly interested in "outreach".....but just ADMITTING that the GOP doesn't want minorities to vote, instead of wanting them to vote Republican...

is pretty amazing.

It flies in the face of dishonest claims of the "inclusiveness" and "lack of prejudice" in the Republican Party from its partisans....and basically calls out the GOP for supporting vote suppression.

So let's grant that Rand is sincere in this.....WHY is he saying it, if not that he sees a future for the Republican Party....of NO future. A party destined to remain nearly all-white....and getting demographically older.....which doesn't bode well in the coming decades does it?

And that pandering to that shrinking/dying demographic...is a trajectory to oblivion.

BTW, I'm sure ...given the 2013 "Autopsy Report" and Reince Priebus' attempts (though failed and abandoned) at "minority outreach".....the GOP Leadership think Rand is onto something too. But they may be trapped in "short term gain, long term loss" thinking....unable to move the Party away from its current situation, for fear of losing upcoming elections...

and thus kicking the can down the road and losing long-term elections.

BTW also....I fully expect many in the GOP to lambast not just me...but Rand Paul. If so?....as Capt. Jack Sparrow said..."Your funeral, mate".

:)

2. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

Then our survival is assured. Now if we could just get Democrats to quit lying in an attempt to ensure their survival.

3. CJtheModerate

CJtheModerate New Member

Gorn Captain worries more about the survival of the Republican Party than anyone I have ever seen.

4. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

You agree or disagree with what Rand Paul said?

5. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Not at all.....the "end-game" is the same regardless. Eventually, the GOP will purge itself of racists and pandering or "covering for" racists.....it's inevitable.

As a partisan I'd like to see that not occur for a long time....have them suffer defeat after defeat, slowly imploding as an all white, all male, OLD Party that eventually has trouble winning even Tom Delay gerrymandered districts in Old Dixie. Keep the Nixon/Reagan/Lee Atwater "Southern Strategy" going as long as they want.

Rand Paul, equally partisan for HIS side, wants that to occur sooner rather than later...so that the GOP can quickly recover and re-build itself into a non-racist party.

Free free to ignore me.....AND Rand Paul and his admonitions. Please.

6. CatholicCrusader

CatholicCrusader Banned

LOL!! The Dems are the racists, not us. This lie reminds me of Hitler saying the Poles started the war, not him. The exact opposite of the truth.

Everything is about race with the Dems. We don't see color as conservatives, we see liberty. All the Dems see IS color, hence this thread.

7. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

CC, do you agree or disagree with Rand Paul?

8. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

See to your own party first before you go concentrating on the other people first.

Liberals are far more racist because of their snobby elitism and have always been the group of racism.

9. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Oh look, an identical thread posted 6 days ago:

Tram Law and (deleted member) like this.
  10. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

How can the Repubs move pass racism as long as they keep electing guys like Mitch McConnell?

11. alsos

alsos New Member

Ron Paul is interested in addressing things that exist in the party in which he belongs. Fact of the matter is, racism exists in both parties. At least Paul is honest enough to admit it exists in his party. Are you willing to stand up against the racism that exists in your party?

- - - Updated - - -

And the mods?

<crickets>

12. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Liberals can never be racist because they have superior morality to everybody else and we must all bow down to them.

13. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Ah hem....

14. Karma Mechanic

Karma Mechanic Well-Known Member

Prove your claim

15. alsos

alsos New Member

I happen to think the whole knee jerk to the Ferguson shooting claiming it was a racially motivated shooting, when no one had any facts to it at all, was racist.

Democrats running around claiming the Tea Party is racist, is baseless and racist.

Obama stating that if he had a son it would look like Trayvon was racist.

Holder dropping charges against the New Black Panther Party voter intimidation was racist.

Al Sharpton and the Tawana Brawley deal was racist.

6 Horribly Racist Comments from Obama Administration Officials, Top Democrats

16. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

I'm not liberal.

I'm a realist.

I'm also a Cherokee Indian.

I'm also not like you or most people in America.

I may not be wholly original, but I am a very unique kind of person and can see outside the norms of American western culture.

They can not.

I have always been on the outside looking in as well.

And those things are not contradictory.

17. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

You're still talking about the Southern strategy but Biden says something racist every couple of weeks. Why are you guys overlooking him?

18. CatholicCrusader

CatholicCrusader Banned

Because like I said, Dems are the racists and they protect their own. They just call us racist because its another lie like all the lies they say about us. Its frighteningly Hitlerian in its scope, the size and number of lies they tell.

Oh, and the things black Dems call black conservatives? Absolutely disgusting.

19. Lil Mike

20. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, sure. 'Cause they're the ones starting all the threads about black people having low IQs and a genetic predisposition to violence and rape. Yup.

21. JIMV

JIMV Well-Known Member Past Donor

But that is how the left has managed to maintain power, divide folk into victim groups and then pander to them

22. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

Just because he has a Chinese wife doesn't mean that he isn't a rabid racist. Sterling is the same way. If McConnell married a Klingon he would still be a racist.

23. Lil Mike

Man that is hilarious! Is that how you explain the racist attack by your guys? "McConnell is racist, so therefore lets launch a racist attack against his wife!"

You guys are funny!

24. rwild1967

rwild1967 Banned at Members Request Past Donor

This cracks me up every single time I hear it.

25. logical1

logical1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Gorn

You are barking up the wrong tree. It is the democrats that gave rise to the KKK. And the FACT is the civil rights bill would NOT have passed if it was not for republican support.

QUIT TRYING TO REWRITE HISTORY!!!!!!!