Part 26 of Post Your Tough Questions Regarding Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Mitt Ryan, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitt Ryan

Mitt Ryan Well-Known Member

Part 26 is a continuation of Post your tough questions pertaining to God/Jesus/Holy Bible and I will do my best to clarify and make sense of it to those who are unaware...I still have questions and comments I haven't responded to in Part 8 thru 25.

Also I might answer questions that are on other members threads and so this will keep me real busy with the many questions that I will answer from my point of view/perspective keeping in line with Scripture.

I don't want my intentions to come across as converting you or whatever lol... but rather clear up things etc... so ask away.

2. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

Have you figured out what the oldest celestial object in the cosmos is?

3. Mitt Ryan

That's right.

He was dead for only 3 days then He resurrected from the dead..did you miss the lesson of His resurrection?

And yes He did die for mans' sins by shedding His innocent blood on the cross but rose from the dead on the 3rd day.

Our Lord Savior Jesus Christ said, "For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."---John 36:16 NLT

4. Mitt Ryan

Oh so you like to use links too eh? So when you use links it's ok but when I use a link from my favorite Christian website you make disparaging remarks...I detect a double standard here and it has the stench of your name written all over it!...lol

5. Mitt Ryan

No again you got it wrong...what else is new...eh?...lol

You're missing a key point on how salvation is achieved, and believe me the Muslim and Jewish way is not the same as the Christian way. Maybe you should first learn what those three different religions are all about then and only then will you be enlightened to the fact that the three religions do not have the same God.

If we all had the same God then it would mean God is contradicting Himself because He is not being consistent with the three religions when there are major differences, and we know from Scripture God does not contradict Himself, therefore we can't all be worshipping the same God.

The Muslims and the Jews do not accept Jesus Christ as the Son of God who came into the world to save the world (mankind) from sins.

There is only one true God and the other two are worshipping a false god. We Christians are worshipping the one true God, the Triune God, the Trinity consisting of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.

6. trevorw2539

trevorw2539 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Not really.

Not at all. I have no problem with your quoting a website, but when you quote from a website without acknowledging the fact it is deceptive, and usually illegal.

It is amazing you go back to find that website and yet can't answer the numerous posts I have left you. You want to teach, but you don't want to learn. You don't want to learn because you might discover something you believe is actually not true.

Now let's ask where the real stench it. I have shown you how several of your posts, quoted from the Tanakh, which you claim prophesy Jesus as the Messiah, cannot be so. Yet you studiously ignore me.

Christianity cannot stand up without the Tanakh according to you. It relies on these prophecies to give it authority.
    Once admitted they are wrong Christianity has no past. It relies entirely on the New Testament. On a Rabbi who was a great teacher and reformer, but not foretold.

There will be a lot more of my stench so put your gas mask on.

7. WanRen

WanRen New Member Past Donor

http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=379542&p=1064474585#post1064474585
    So do you worship Jesus Christ yes or no?

I have already answer that and the answer is no one is not a Christian if they do not believe and accept Jesus Christ is God.
    Worship is to God alone.
    You are contradicting yourself how can one worship Jesus and not accept him is God or worship God through Jesus Christ?

Yes my answer is no.

Either you are correct that Mormon and JW worship Jesus or they are wrong and base on their doctrine they don't worship Christ.
    So you believe Mormon and JW are Christians because they worship God through Jesus Christ?
    If that is the case why call themselves Christians if they do not worship Jesus Christ but worship another God?

8. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

Our supreme law of the land is more supreme than any commandments of even something as potentially sacred, as Religion.

Our Founding Fathers, Ordained and Established it thus; and They said so in Article 6.

9. WanRen

WanRen New Member Past Donor

In Job story Satan made Job's life miserable in order to get him to reject God and in spite of all the sufferings inflicted by Satan to Job, Job did not reject God instead his faith became stronger. That story is a lesson to us that Satan will do everything to pull us away from God.

What Christian denomination are you?
    How and from whom did you learn about Satan? If you believe in Satan then you should believe in God as well?
    I am a Christian of the Catholics and I learn about God, Satan, good and evil, origin of the universe, life, etc. from formal education in public, Catholic and secular universities.

Quote Originally Posted by dairyair View Post
    Lest ye not forget.
    Satan is very clever and is a deceiver and deceives those who seek for truth outside the Bible.

10. Giftedone

Giftedone Well-Known Member Past Donor

You never did respond to the "POST #2" the first post in the #25 Thread.

I have shortened that post in hopes that you might provide and answer.

Paul in Romans 13 tells us:
    So God puts folks like Stalin and Hitler into power and if people would be punished by God for rebelling against this authority that God established ?

Wow .. so Stalin and Hitler were God's servants acting for the common good ?
    Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Duarte, and every other genocidal maniac who comes into power is doing Gods work and we should submit to thee authorities as a matter of conscience ?

Is Paul crazy or is there something I am missing ?

11. Incorporeal

Incorporeal Well-Known Member

Have you, and do you have PROOF of the claim that you could make?

12. Giftedone

Giftedone Well-Known Member Past Donor

The lesson of the story is not that Satan will do everything to pull us away from God. You are making things up again.

The interesting things about the story of Job is the warm relationship (father and son) between Satan and God. Also that Satan does not act outside of Gods authority in the story.

It is God that is testing Job as much as Satan as they are trying to settle a bet between Father and Son.

This is strange because you hold beliefs that are not part of current Catholic doctrine. Sure in the past Catholics justified torture and killing in the name of God or (against evil) but not today.

13. trevorw2539

here is presumption, pride and stupidity. The Jews serve the same god as they always have. I've already pointed out Christian errors in interpretation.
    Christianity depends on miracles. Without them it fails. Miracle of so-called prophecies. The miraculous virgin birth. Miraculous feeding of 5000 men. Miraculous walking on water. Miraculous water into wine. Miraculous healing the sick. Miraculous Transfiguration. Miraculous resurrection.

Without them we have a Rabbi who believed he was a man given a message from God to the Jews, and who proclaimed that message. That I accept. Miracles I do not believe in.
    There were no miracles to protect some of the Apostles from death. And we have no evidence of miracles since then.

The Gospels tells us what we are expected to believe without any proof.

Let me tell you a true story. Outside an Evangelical Church was a notice advertising the first two talks in the Autumn series.

First Sunday: 'Jesus walks on the water'
    Second Sunday. 'Looking for Jesus'.

Miracles?

Paddy the Irishman was coming home from a trip to the Shrine at Lourdes. At Dublin airport he was stopped by the Customs who asked him to open his bag. They looked inside and found a bottle.
    'What's in here?' they asked.
    'Holy Water' said Paddy.
    The Customs official opened the bottle and smelt the contents. 'It smells like alcohol to me' he says to Paddy. 'Heaven be praised' says Paddy. 'Another miracle'.

14. Incorporeal

That highlighted statement of yours below is also an erroneous presumption. At one point in time (according to the 'Bible') the Jews also worshiped a "golden calf". "always have" is an absolute.

15. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Golden Calf.. Yes, so what... they were backsliding into paganism.. That is NOT proof that the Hebrews worshiped a different God from Christians or Muslims. Lame accusation on your part.

16. Incorporeal

No!... it is a fact as represented by the 'Bible'... not of my own making. You of course are entitled to make any type of interpretation that you desire... which of course does not offer a PROOF of anything other than your right to express an opinion.

17. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Is there any evidence from the Scripture that Barabbas was a "rapist"? Yes or No?

18. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Monotheism was still evolving when the Israelites supposedly left Egypt (Never happened) Their whole story is about finding their way and their relationship with God.. The theme repeats.. disobedience, mercy and redemption.

19. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Also note, that NOTHING that MittRyan nor WanRen say or claim on this thread....will be challenged by Incorporeal with a demand for "PROOF".

My proof?....previous MR "Tough Questions" threads. :)

20. Incorporeal

That did not alter the fact that they did worship a golden calf after having declared their acceptance of Yahweh (God).

21. trevorw2539

That depends on whether you believe in Moses, Aaron etc. As you should know, I don't.

22. Incorporeal

Also note that wanren and MittRyan are on the same team that I am on... they are just playing a different position on the playing field that I play. Didn't you know that a team that fights amongst itself will seldom win? Why should I argue with my Brothers and Sisters in Christ in a public setting?

23. Incorporeal

That is your free will to do so.

24. trevorw2539

When I played soccer and perhaps made a mistake one of my team mates would be there to help out, and vice versa. We didn't wait till half time and the privacy of the team room.
    If you were a team you'd help each other and take notice of each other. WarRen seems to be a loose 'cannon'. Perhaps you should put him in his rightful position, preferable not goalkeeper.

25. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

Maybe one of your teammates can tell you what the oldest celestial object in the universe is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.