Question for Feminists

Discussion in 'Women's Rights' started by ryobi, Apr 25, 2015.

1. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

If being compassionate towards the suffering of a white male could prevent violence against women, would you be compassionate towards the suffering of a white male?

2. Daniel Light

Daniel Light Well-Known Member

Did someone mention White people problems ...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MQrEwYxZW4

3. Karma Mechanic

Karma Mechanic Well-Known Member

What suffering?

4. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

Let's just pretend, hypothetically speeking, that it was possible for a white male to suffer. Would you be compassionate towards that white males suffering if it could prevent violence against women?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you believe white males should be punished for what other white males did hundreds of years before white males alive today were born?

5. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

So are you saying you wouldn't be compassionate towards the suffering of a white male even if it could prevent violence against women because white males don't suffer???

6. Karma Mechanic

Karma Mechanic Well-Known Member

No I am trying to figure out your point.
    As a white male I would be compassionate if white males were suffering but you hypothetical seems silly.

So I will try again, exactly what kind of suffering are you talking about.

7. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

any kind of suffering physical, emotional...anything

8. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

So do you think guys suffer when they can't get laid?

9. smallblue

smallblue Well-Known Member

Is your wife so cold she isn't compassionate to you when you need her?

10. Object227

Object227 Well-Known Member

An educated guess: You think many white males suffer from unjust persecution for being white males and for being sexist even when they aren't. Ok, if that's what you are asking about, I'd say fine, be compassionate towards those innocent targets of false charges of sexism and persecution just for being white men. How common do you think this is??

11. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

Obviously none of you would be compassionate towards the suffering of a male, particularly a white male, even if it could prevent violence against women which demonstrates that modern feminism is much more a movement about hating men, than it is a movement about helping women...

12. Object227

Object227 Well-Known Member

How did you get that from my reply? I say fine, be compassionate towards suffering white males and you claim I don't want to be??? Also, where do you get off assuming that white males that suffer will assault women in the first place?

13. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

Ok you're right.

The question was a thought exercise to get to the root of what feminism stands for, the hatred of men, and not helping women.

I don't think that white males who's suffering are ignored are going to assault women...

Although, it is ridiculous to tell a white male he's privileged after he can't get a job because of the discrimination of affirmative action.

14. axialturban

axialturban Well-Known Member

Lol, hatred hey... disappointment maybe, but not hatred. People need to realize your own suffering can only be addressed by oneself - other people can only make temporary adjustments to suffering. Men need to 'man up', grow up, and stop blaming other people for their own failures.

15. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

Yes men need to, "man up," but it's OK for women to blame the consequences of their actions and choices on the patriarchy, white male privilege, whatever-right????

For example, men are much more likely to study Science,Technology,Engineering,and Math at University and Women are more likely to choose to study less difficult subjects at University like,art, education, social work,therefore men are more likely to be qualified for more lucrative careers than women when they graduate, yet feminists blame the wage gap on discrimination, the patriarchy, white male privelege, whatever, rather than blaming women for the choices they made-right????

Because men are accountable for the consequences of their actions and choices, yet women not so much...

For example, when women are convicted of the same crimes as men they recieve 63% lighter sentences than their male counter-parts and thats after being 20 times less likely to even be prosecuted in the first place...

Estimating Gender Disparities in Federal Criminal Cases

Sonja B. Starr

University of Michigan Law School

August 29, 2012

University of Michigan Law and Economics Research Paper, No. 12-018

Abstract:
    This paper assesses gender disparities in federal criminal cases. It finds large gender gaps favoring women throughout the sentence length distribution (averaging over 60%), conditional on arrest offense, criminal history, and other pre-charge observables. Female arrestees are also significantly likelier to avoid charges and convictions entirely, and twice as likely to avoid incarceration if convicted. Prior studies have reported much smaller sentence gaps because they have ignored the role of charging, plea-bargaining, and sentencing fact-finding in producing sentences. Most studies control for endogenous severity measures that result from these earlier discretionary processes and use samples that have been winnowed by them. I avoid these problems by using a linked dataset tracing cases from arrest through sentencing. Using decomposition methods, I show that most sentence disparity arises from decisions at the earlier stages, and use the rich data to investigate causal theories for these gender gaps.

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2144002

Also there are no laws that discriminate against women yet there are laws that discriminate against white males. For example...,

Federal Executive Order 11246, Rehabilitation Act Section 503, Governor's Executive Order 93-07 Affirming Commitment to Diversity and Equity, Re-establishing Affirmative Action and Prohibiting Discrimination, Governor's Executive Orders 89.01, 96-04 and 98-01, RCW 28 B.10, 39.19, 41.06, 49.60, and 49.74.

So, yes...white men need to man up, while the only laws that discriminate against any race and gender combination, discriminate against white males, yet it's ok that women aren't held accountable for the consequences of their actions and choices-right????

Because why???????????

16. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

Whut Ah do, boss?

You were asked what sort of male suffering feminists might or might not have compassion for, and you said any kind of suffering; so I asked if that includes whatever suffering attends sexual frustration. What's the problem?

17. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

If femininsm stood for equality wouldn't feminists want women to be as accountable for their actions and choices as men are, rather than blaming the consequences of their actions and choices on the patriarchy, white male privilege,whatever???

18. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

Guess some questions are just too scary.

19. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

...or too ridiculous

20. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

I suppose when I go to taco bell and the only have diet pepsi instead of diet coke that could qualify as human suffering-eh???

I mean I really love diet coke. Diet pepsi just isn't the same-know what I'm saying

:roflol:

21. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

Being equal means being held just as accountable for the consequences of your actions and choices as men are, If feminism was an equality movement, feminists wouldn't blame the consequence of women's choices and actions on the patriarchy, white male privilege ec cetera.

22. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

I doubt very many people are addicted to diet coke, but sexual addiction has been a problem from the beginning of the human race. Now do the associated withdrawal symptoms qualify as suffering in the context of the OP, yes or no?

23. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

Withdrawl Symptoms :roflol:

24. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

I doubt women who have been raped or assaulted, as a consequence of either an attempt to relieve such symptoms or frustration at enduring them, see the amusement value.

25. ryobi

ryobi Well-Known Member

Gets even more ridiculous

So, men are the only gender who uh, "suffer," from this, "sexual addiction."-eh???