Why Liberals Are More Intelligent Than Conservatives

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by DennisTate, Jun 7, 2015.

?

Does becoming more well informed make you more "liberal?"

1. Yes I have found that this is happening in my own views.

11 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. No. the "liberals" I know are lunatics!

34 vote(s)
    58.6%
  3. Yes. the conservative movement is based on "don't work - no food!"

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. No. Dr. Ben Carson is proof a brilliant person can be conservative.

15 vote(s)
    25.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

I am a Canadian who terms himself a "Blue Liberal" which means that I consider myself politically rather moderate with some leanings toward "Conservatism" as well as some tendencies toward "Liberalism."

I actually joined Canada's Liberal Party after taking a good look at the NDP and Green Party and deciding that they were too angry……… despised P. M. Stephen Harper with a level of hatred that seemed somewhat irrational…… so I joined the Liberal Party not too many months after Mr. Stephan Dion proved that his party took climate change very seriously!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...y-liberals-are-more-intelligent-conservatives
    Why Liberals Are More Intelligent Than Conservatives

2. DennisTate

Here is a good example of one aspect of my own thinking that became more "liberal" as I become aware of information that I had not previously considered.

http://www.politicalforum.com/gay-l...rs-understand-nde-comments-gay-community.html
    Sincere apologies for taking 5 years to understand NDE comments on Gay Community!

I personally am ashamed of myself for being a Christian who could not understand this message for about five years!!!!!

http://www.near-death.com/andreason.html#a11

3. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

Liberals are the quintessential low information voters.

/end

4. TomFitz

TomFitz Well-Known Member

Look at the way conservative media adresses it audience, with its tabloid yellow journalism, dog whistles to various prejudices, frequent lies, and shoddy reporting, and its shock jock approach to punditry, and notice that the audience not only fails to notice when they are being conned or lied to, but eats is up and comes back for more.

This is not how you appeal to smart people. This is how you lead morons and bobble heads.

I have long since lost count of the hundreds of times conservatives come on to forums like this and demonstrate the most basic ignorance of the subject at hand (there is a stupendous example here today regarding ISIS and Iran) , much less any sort of history, government, economics or geography.

You don't see the liberals here doing this.

And the reason MSNBC doesn't have the audience Fox does, and why there is very little liberal talk radio, is because liberals don't fall for these carnival barker antics.

5. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

I rest my case. ^^

6. DennisTate

There are encouraging exceptions to the rule though. Canada's P. M. Stephen Harper, terms himself "conservative" and yet he consistently backs policies that are actually quite liberal.

One area where he fits in very well with the conservative movement is his policy toward Israel.

http://www.politicalforum.com/relig...s-p-m-brokering-jordan-israel-peace-deal.html

Please pray or meditate on Canada's P. M. brokering Jordan - Israel peace deal?
    I know that many of you pray or meditate so please

pray that P. M. Stephen Harper initiate a peace deal between Jordan and Israel?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a member of a different Canadian political party but……… I have to admit that P. M. Stephen Harper is for good reason regarded as a rather "Davidic" figure by a high percentage of Israelis.

What he did for Israel back in 2011 at the G-8 was one of the most courageous and wise acts by a political leader that I have seen since I began to watch world events back in the '70's!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...per-stands-alone-at-g8-summit/article4263322/

7. DennisTate

In the 2011 Canadian election I ended up casting my ballot for the incumbent M. P. who technically was a member of the Conservative Party.

As Minister of Defence Mr. Peter MacKay did such an exceptional job of visiting our troops, even when they were stationed in very dangerous areas, (such as Afghanistan), that it just seemed unethical to vote for my own party's representative.

www.PeterMackay.ca/

8. DennisTate

For the record…. in spite of his "flies in the ointment" such as his belief in Young Earth theory…. I do believe that Dr. Ben Carson would make an excellent V. P. in 2016…. and an exceptional President by 2024.

http://www.politicalforum.com/elect...-dr-ben-carson-v-p-2016-president-2024-a.html
    Dr. Ben Carson for V. P. in 2016 and for President in 2024?!
    I saw the movie Gifted Hands about a year ago and I personally do feel that Dr. Ben Carson can make a fantastic President of the USA ....... but......… the fact that he does not have experience in politics is a serious concern so it seems obvious to me that he needs to change course by around September or October of 2015 if by that time he has not established a firm lead as the leader of the G. O. P. contenders?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gifted_Hands:_The_Ben_Carson_Story

My recommendation is that he speak with Mr. Mitt Romney as soon as possible and prove to all Americans that Dr. Carson is able to objectively access his own situation and turn what appears to be a liability into an asset...… .and plan for the long term!

Mr. Mitt Romney almost defeated an incumbent President which happens only on extremely rare occasions. Mitt Romney can defeat Hillary but........... Mr. Romney has presented a powerful case that Jeb Bush....... cannot!

9. PatriotNews

PatriotNews Well-Known Member

In this country, the poor uneducated voters tend to vote for democrats so I don't think your thesis holds water here.

10. DennisTate

Perhaps I am incorrect about this but …..

http://www.politicalforum.com/conspiracy-theories/371595-what-foundation-conservative-movement.html
    What is the foundation of the Conservative Movement?
    2Thessalonians 3:10
    "For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat."

But what if there is evidence that all of us in a sense volunteered……… previous to our birth…… to participate in a massive reality film event with great psychological, spiritual, emotional and educational value?

During his brush with death Dannion Brinkley was shown that only the most philosophical advanced and courageous spiritual beings/ angels…. would volunteer to incarnate as a child destined to be mentally or physically handicapped?

Don't starts in reality films get supplied with the basics such as a meal while they are on the set?

11. PatriotNews

Off topic much? Why do you hate?

12. whats up

whats up New Member

Ha Ha...Half the conservative base is in the south..You know the no shoes, no teeth, red necks and if you go a little east the ridgerunners are included

13. DennisTate

What I hate is when I find out that in the past I have been under-informed on issues that I wrote about publicly.

Once I am certain that I was ignorant in the past…….. it is part of my ethic to admit it ….. and this is not an entirely fun thing to do!

http://www.politicalforum.com/canad...008-campaign-my-apology-ms-elizabeth-may.html
    Ignorance shown in my 2008 campaign, my apology to Ms. Elizabeth May!
    Back in 2008 when I campaigned for the office of municipal councilor my ignorance regarding the importance of reducing atmospheric carbon is out there for all to see!

I am wondering if the information regarding the increasing acidity of the oceans can alter how we view the importance of altering our economy?

http://www.bankingsystemsflaws.blogspot.ca/

............…

http://www.politicalforum.com/science/394228-ocean-acidification.html

Ocean acidification...

14. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Exit polling conducted back during the 2008 elections did show that most of the voters who cast their vote for a community organizers were either uninformed or misinformed.

Many actually were fooled and believed in hope and change. :roflol: They didn't act to intelligent did they ?

[video]https://youtu.be/mm1KOBMg1Y8[/video]

15. DennisTate

A few months ago I got a brilliant explanation of how Ms. Sarah Palin terribly misunderstood the situation that she was in back in 2008.

I personally like Sarah Palin….. she is Pentecostal and my wife is Pentecostal.

But…… she made the mistake of getting into a political version of what could be termed Hockey Mom Complex?!

http://www.politicalforum.com/elect...have-change-become-presidential-material.html
    How Mrs. Sarah Palin would have to change to become Presidential material.

Personally, I haven't given up on her and I believe that she has a great deal of potential to accomplish a lot over the coming years and decades, but…… I just got back an exceptionally good explanation as to why Mrs. Sarah Palin in her present state of mind is not really Presidential material!

16. DennisTate

I personally am a Christian……… my disagreeing with some aspects of your belief system does not mean that I hate you.

Frankly….. I am convinced that churches have the potential to positively impact the economy of North America if they would learn from what has been accomplished through a local currency in Ithaca, New York through http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithaca_Hours
    and in the city of Calgary, Alberta, Canada through
    www.CalgaryDollars.ca/

http://www.politicalforum.com/relig...ations-should-print-their-own-currencies.html
    Large churches in democratic nations should print their own currencies.

17. DennisTate

But…… we might be amazed what percentage of these people would take to better theories like a duck to water……….. if their favourite pastors were more well informed.

http://www.politicalforum.com/relig...ichard-eby-verifies-old-earth-gap-theory.html
    NDE of Dr. Richard Eby verifies old earth and gap theory.

http://www.near-death.com/forum/nde/000/91.html
    …

18. PatriotNews

I think you're in the wrong thread.

19. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

That's just an argumentative trash and bash article. it has no substance or credibility.

And I always imagine the author, regardless of the party, drooling over this egotistical pos maniacal attitude.

20. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

All you have to do is look at goofy leftist interpretations of almost everything, combine that with an amazing ability to believe that government is evil when conservative run it and good when Leftist run it never mind the fact that 99.999% of the government never changes anything it does and it pretty easy to see who the idiots are. The reason leftist TV and talk radio fail is simply that the market for that level of naked hatred and vitriol and out and out lying has almost no attraction to anyone but crazy people. Conservatives have a sense of humor leftist especially the extreme ones you find in the government under Obama and at MSNBC don't.

21. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Remember when McCain announced Saraha Palin as his running mate and his poll numbers sky rocketed. The MSM ignored that. Then the housing bubble burst and it all became not about failed liberal policies that led up to the collapse of the economy but it was Bush's fault.

The facts are the MSM gave Obama a complete pass, I mean a complete pass and went after Sarah Palin ignoring that she was more qualified than Obama even though she wasn't running for President and had more executive experience than Obama and actually has broken a sweat putting food on the table where as Obama could never make such a claim.

The left got their news from a comedy show and SNL (see Sogby polling) When Tina Fey said she could see Russia from her house, CNN, NBC, ABC all sent reporters to Wasilla, Alaska climbing on top of roofs of building looking for Russia. :roflol:

Where as Fox News sent a reporter to the Bering Straits and confirmed, yes you can see Russia from Alaska. The MSM except for Fox News remained silent.

Then there's Joe Biden, he ran for the Democrat nomination for President twice and couldn't even get 1% of his own party's vote. :roflol: But the MSM remained silent.

Even after the elections the left along with the MSM kept going after Sarah. But they couldn't take her down. Anyone goes after Obama the left plays the race card.

McCain was defeated at the polls because the MSM gave Obama a complete pass and most of those who voted for the community organizer were uninformed and were stupid enough to believe in a lie of change and hope.

22. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

what about those of us who think both sides suck. That think we should pick and choose what is good and works from both conservatives and liberals. Those of us who believe in more of a middle way instead of the extremes. That what is said by both sides as they degrade the other or trying to influences their ideas, the truth of those issues and ideas lies somewhere in-between, in the middle in most cases. Those of us who neither believe in the nanny state of cradle to grave dependence upon the state for the state to take care of your every need and the chaos of no state or anarchy.

what about us?

23. Xenamnes

Xenamnes Banned

Liberals are more intelligent than conservatives?

Was it, or was it not the liberal party who propagated the "hands up, don't shoot" mantra in the wake of the Michael Brown shooting, only for it to be found out that it was based on a lie? Which political party is the one seeing racism in every facet of life, right down to white paper, and peanut butter sandwiches?

24. robini123

robini123 Well-Known Member

"Does becoming more well informed make you more "liberal?"

In my case yes as becoming informed shone a light on the misinformation that I had been taught throughout my life. Conservatism to me is not very flexible thus very set in its ways which makes it inherently resistant to change... liberalism is flexible which is a better fit to an ever evolving progressive society.

I do not think that conservatives in general are less intelligent per se, I think that their intelligence is more bound by convention while the liberal mind in general is better at thinking outside the box.

DennisTate and (deleted member) like this.
  25. ARDY

ARDY Well-Known Member Past Donor

Dr ben carson is proof of the limitations of brilliance
    As was robert mc namara