Dear White America

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Steve N, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

Personally, I'm sick and tired of being considered a racist just because I wasn't born black. My ancestors weren't in this country when slavery was legal. My family never owned or sold slaves. It's more than likely that, if my ancestors had been here during the Civil War, they would have fought to end slavery.

My ancestors fled countries they felt weren't filling their needs and came here. If people here find this country not to their liking, then perhaps they can do what my ancestors did and find a country they feel is more suitable. If my humble ancestors can do it, then so can the people of today.

2. kreo

kreo Well-Known Member

Yep, and white immigrant pay for privileges of black immigrants even though neither of them have anything to do with racism and slavery in U.S..

3. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

only a couple morons believe ALL white people are racists

4. kreo

kreo Well-Known Member

You do not have to be a racist, but you nevertheless obligated to pay tribute for being white.

5. Vernan89188

Vernan89188 Well-Known Member

:roflol:

Hmm..and your type says we are indoctrinated.
    Reads just like an Isis letter.,or from someone that has gone to collage and has been fed with a silver spoon to write something so stupid.

If you are not racist..It kinda works it self out.
    If you are...then be angry all the time knowing our kind is going to screw with your gene pool :)

6. PARTIZAN1

PARTIZAN1 Well-Known Member

I am an immigrant and a refugee, DP - A Displaced Person who came here after WW II. I am White. Since it is safe to assume that there are no people alive here who are older than 155 years old it is safe to assume that neither I nor my parents owned slaves.

I as an immigrant have experienced prejudice both overt and covert. No big surprise since there are people who hate immigrants because they fear that we took there jobs. Well I personally didn't since I was 2 1/2 when I jumped off the boat but maybe my parents took jobs away from born here Americans. Ok now the Blacks or as they were called when I came here Colored people. Let me tell you something my Mom thought me when I was about 8 years old or so. She saw me hit a Colored boy and call him a N Word. Yes I did.. I am not proud of that but I did it. My Mom dragged me into the house and we had a display of a show of force. I lost the challenge. Mom said to me that not only she ashamed of me but that I was not very smart doing what I did. She told me whether or not I would ever grow up and like or not like Colored people I needed to understand something. If there were no Colored people for the "Americans" to push around and beat up on we DP's - immigrant refugees would be the Colored people who got beat on. It took some growing up and maturing and going off to the military and being stationed in the Anus of the World Biloxi Mississippi in 1966 that I became cognizant what my Mom told be all those years ago.

You see guys we White people did and still do have certain advantages over Blacks just because we are White. Now has that advantage narrowed a lot ? YES !!! Have there been Blacks who had gotten some advantages because they are Black ? YES. But have ALL l Blacks received an advantage because they were Black ? NO !!

So if my people were not Eastern European White people but East African Black people and came here in 1949 we would have been treated just like the great grand sons of Black slaves.

- - - Updated - - -

7. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

Now that is deep and honest.

8. Spiritus Libertatis

Spiritus Libertatis New Member Past Donor

Thats the mosy racist article Ive seen in a while.

>New York Times

*sigh* How the mighty have fallen.

9. Lesh

Lesh Banned

I'm not black. My ancestors were English Scottish and have been here a long time. I don't consider myself racist. I don't know anyone who considers me racist. That was a really ignorant racist article.

I don't have a problem with Affirmative action and guess what? If you (a white person) lost out lost out because of it...you were pretty low on the totem pole to start with. But take heart. You're white in a rich country dominated by whites and if you aren't a complete screw up...you'll be fine

10. MississippiMud

MississippiMud Well-Known Member

I read the entire letter by Yancy. I thank him for his open and honest comparison of his sexism to my racism. So i am to believe the 2 are for all intents equal. OK

In all honesty i have never met a woman that had a real problem with my sexism. In fact i would say they appreciate it way more than not. I assume the same about my racism since the black folks i know and have known, both on a deeper friendship level as well as a more casual level don't have a problem with me either. So YAY for me. I am now free of the guilt i didn't have to begin with and have been validated by such an esteemed member of the black race.

Now that white males have been freed from their racism AND sexism what are we going to do to liberate white females?

I did find one thing somewhat puzzling about Yancy. His tendency toward Onomatophobia.

11. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

I could care less about racism. Why? Because there are plenty of people caring enough about it that I do not have to. As far as I am concerned it is nothing more than a myth these days. You have to understand some people push the myth of racism these days because they benefit from it. Until people just do not care about it this will not change. As long as people buy into the myth there will be those trying to benefit from it.

I live and work in a majority black area. I guess it is just not a big deal to me. I have many black friends who appreciate my honesty. I got over the race thing long ago and now live my life and just treat others as I would like to be treated. I do not take any nonsense and can dish it out as well as take it. Life is to short the worry about things that do not exist.

12. APACHERAT

APACHERAT Well-Known Member Past Donor

Eric Holder being one of them but who's the other moron ?

13. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

The NY Times was once a decent newspaper?

14. JakeJ

JakeJ Well-Known Member Past Donor

The letter cited in the OP is by a very pathetic and despicable person, a real loser and someone to disregard and avoid. It is a letter angrily demand people feel pity for the author, although the author never bothers to mention ANYTHING actually suffered.

I don't care for people who throw self pity parties, and certainly not angry ones. Anyone who puts any significance in that letter is a gullible fool.

Oh, and the author is a liar. In terms of such as bank loans and housing being black is an advantage.

15. Phyxius

Phyxius Well-Known Member

My family was here during slavery - my ancestors arrived in the 1730's fought in the Revolutionary War, and pretty much every war since. They owned slaves until the Civil War, and I had ancestors who fought on both sides - some with The Army of the Tennessee under Grant, others with the Texas Brigade under Hood. The roots on that side of the family include a Texas Governor, several congressmen, a senator, and more combat veterans than I can count.

On the other side, I have a paternal grandfather who immigrated from Syria in 1935. It's entirely possible I have blood relatives that could be refugees or ISIS members - I honestly don't know.

Growing up in Texas in the 70's and 80's I figured out quickly that overt and covert racism run DEEP in the South. Being lily white and from a "good" family, I was obviously not on the receiving end of any of that BS, but it was obvious when I saw someone else subjected to it. So painfully obvious, in fact, that I think anyone who claims not to see it is either a complete fool, or just a cynical jackass.

I'll leave it to the reader to decide which is appropriate for your post...

16. Polydectes

Polydectes Well-Known Member

I am simply not racist. All accusations to the contrary if that truth are hyperbole and don't deserve response

I think this should be the attitude of all people. This crap would end if it had no power.

Knowing you aren't racist renders all accusations that you are meaningless.

Think of how you would react to somebody accusing you if being a replicant, or a helicopter, or perhaps a night stand. You may chuckle, you may think the person that accused you if being a piece of furniture or a war vehicle, is a little deranged. But you would never defend yourself against these accusations seriously. If you are no more a racist than you are a night stand or a Klingon, than you shouldn't have to defend yourself. It now becomes the burden of the accuser to prove you are indeed a helicopter or a racist and you don't have to address that accusation again.

The people that will believe these accusations are drones who are told what to believe by the loudest clowns in the circus. You wouldn't have credibility with them any way and they don't matter. The truth is unstoppable.

I'm not calling you out, this is a call to arms. Let's make these accusations meaningless together.

I know I'm not racist I'm not even going to entertain an accusation.

What could the accusers do to you if you didn't care about their claims? The old fashioned adage that desperately needs to be resurrected. "sticks and stones..."

Don't fall for it. You aren't racist, know you aren't. It may not be easy to dismiss thus crap right away but it's the only way.

17. MrNick

MrNick Banned

Really? a couple?

It's a (*)(*)(*)(*)ing epidemic.

18. MrNick

MrNick Banned

Racism is basically used when non-whites can't take responsibility for their actions or don't get what they want without earning it...

I don't have a million or billion dollars and Trump does? it's racism...

I got shot attacking a cop? it's racism.

I cant sit on my porch all day? it's racism.

You ask me if I need help when I'm shopping - that is shopping while black - that is racism...

You don't ask me if I need help when I'm shopping - that's racism..

It seems anything a non-white claims is racism is in fact racism..

WTF...

19. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

So, in your opinion racism is non-existent? There were no lynchings, no blacks being beaten to death, no blacks being denied equality under your Constitution? None of the above?

20. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

You might be JB Stoner back from the dead.

21. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

No according to many of these folks black folks should be glad we were brought here as slaves and treated like horses or cattle. In their minds black folks whine about Jim Crow segregation, but it wasn't really that bad according to racist.

22. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

So how long where you a slave? How long did you live under Jim Crow? By you I mean you and not your ancestors. You can continue to use race to explain why your life hasn't turned out like you wanted or you can take responsibility for your life and move to where you want to be. It's not 1850 or 1950, hell its not even like it was in 1990 anymore. Get over your racism most of the country already has.

23. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

What year is it Snake?

24. Darkbane

Darkbane Banned

how on earth have so many black people been successful in america if white people are so racist, how did more white people vote for Obama than many past white presidents if white people are so racist... how do white people continue to allow legal discrimination against themselves if they are so racist... how so white people still volunteer for charities that go serve people in african countries even today if they are so racist... how do white people have anything to do with failing cities when the mayor is black, the city council is black, the police chief is black, the school board is black, the teachers are black, the police and firemen are black... how are white people racist and the fault for those cities all across this nation when black people control all the positions of power and could pass any laws within them they want...

how are white people at fault for all your own failures... if they are responsible for your failures, does that mean they get to take credit for your successes as well, since you seem to think white people control you, so that means nothing you do is without their permission or help... or do you agree black people can do what they want, and perhaps they should realize, they can do what they want, and its up to them to change their lives, because theres nothing a white person can do to help them they can't do on their own... how much longer will you blame white people in black controlled and run cities? how much longer do you think we'll let you blame for your shortcomings?

MLK must be upset everything he literally died for, is being abused in the ways it is today... he didn't fight for advantage, he was fighting for equality... the rest was up to you... stop blaming other people for your lack of success... I mean after all, there are plenty of black millionaires in america now, tell me again how white people made them, they didn't, they made themselves, because they realized they had the power, and nobody was going to do it for them, but them... thats lives greatest lesson...

P.S. I mean how can this black man be a billionaire, and almost nobody has ever heard of him... how can a black man be a CEO of an investment firm... what white person gave that to him? none, he did it on his own... he realized he had the power and used his brain to get to where he is in life today... and I bet you no black people, or heck white people for that matter, even know who he is... yet he's the tenth of one percent in the world... the wealthiest of the wealthy... and he had nothing to do with sports, entertainment, or reality tv...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfisher/2015/09/29/meet-the-african-american-billionaire-businessman-whos-richer-than-michael-jordan/

he had an interest in something, he discovered the creator was near his city... he went to this man and asked for an internship... he was willing to sacrifice and learn for free all to acquire the knowledge that made him successful... this is the type of hunger and attitude someone needs to succeed in the world... black or white...

25. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

Never.

About 6 yrs.

Both.

My life has turned out pretty good and yes I have ran into racism along the way. Its easy for a white man to tell black folks to get over it, it would almost be like a German telling a Jewish person to "get over" the Holocaust.