A few question for the anti gun side.

Discussion in 'Gun Control' started by Ethos, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethos

Ethos New Member

I just have a few questions that I would like the people who want all of us to disarm ourselves, to answer. I just want to see where you are coming from. I ask the question first in all of these, and then put the basic reason against it directly below the question which I think you NEED to read before posting.

There are over 400 million legally owned firearms in the hands of US citizens. If there was a ban, how exactly would the government go about getting all of those firearms?
    Take into consideration that the government couldn't fine 20 million illegal immigrants, and a person is much bigger than a firearm...

If guns were taken away from the law abiding citizens and criminals were the only ones left with them, what is you plan to keep the crime rates from jumping up (including homicide) 50% like they did in the UK after the 1997 firearm ban?
    The homicide rates by year are listed in the link below (good to read before you argue that this isn't true). From the link below, open up the first excel spread sheet, and go to table 2.01. http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/crime-...ed-as-Homicide

Why do you keep arguing that AR15's, AK47's, and other semi automatic firearms are the most dangerous firearms and should be banned when they are actually used the least amount in murders?
    I say this because the governments own website actually states this. This isn't an argument, it's a fact. According to the FBI (a link to exactly what I'm talking about will follow), in 2014 there were 8124 (300 less than 2013) murders committed with firearms (2014 is the most recent year they have numbers for). Of those murders, rifles were only use in 248 of them... that is rifles of ALL kinds, semi autos, full autos, hunting rifles, every type of rifle is in that number Handguns topped the list at 5562. Knives were used in 1567 murders (went up since last year), and HANDS and FEET were used to kill 660 people. That's right, more people were killed with hands and feet than by rifles of any kind. Shotguns were used to kill 262 people in 2014... These numbers are FACTUAL numbers that the government compiled. It seems to me that rifles are by far the safest type of gun for someone to have. By the numbers, you are more likely to get killed by someone who shakes their fist at you rather than the guy with the AR15.... link: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u...able_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2010-2014.xls

Firearm violence IS, and has been going down since the 90's... The FBI (the government) has the numbers listed for everyone to see this... Where is your supporting evidence from a credible source that says otherwise?
    I will go through your source and find its supporting evidence, so make sure it's not based on opinion, or a small 100 household inner city Detroit or Chicago statistic, and at least make sure there is supporting evidence (some of you have posted random crap with nothing that backs it up). Again, here is another link to PROVE what I'm saying: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...tables/table-1

So, the big question... What is your grand idea to drop the murder rate in this country, as in.. what gun bill would you pass that would keep the estimated 1.4 million stolen firearms a year since the mid 90's (adds up to a lot of black market firearms) out of criminals hands? The FBI says that over 70% of crime is committed by repeat offenders. People who commit crimes with firearms get 77% of them through illegal means. So, what kind of law would you pass that would keep the 77% of criminals from obtaining illegal firearms from other criminals? < That's the main question I would like answered.

2. Maccabee

Maccabee Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see the responses.

3. An Taibhse

An Taibhse Well-Known Member

A magic wand is in development...

4. Vegas giants

Vegas giants Banned

Any response will be met with personal attacks and insults. Beware the minefield. Intelligent debate is NOT wanted. I can attest to this personally

5. Turtledude

Turtledude Well-Known Member Donor

that's probably because all the banoid answers and arguments are based on the dishonest facade that crime control is what motivates gun restrictionists when in reality its a scheme by the left to harass right wing voters and an attempt by the left to decrease the power of the NRA when it comes to lobbying and supporting mainly GOP candidates

6. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Well-Known Member

If you were literate, articulate, and credible in your posting of references, you most certainly would find it to be very different.
    Look at the exchanges here between Bowerbird and the pro gunners. She's a terrible bother to us, but she holds her own, and makes a strong effort to reference sources for her information that sometimes heed notice.
    We don't see that from you.

7. Vegas giants

Vegas giants Banned

And so it begins.

8. Turtledude

when people show up who obviously haven't really thought through support of their pretextual reason for gun control (i.e. public safety) and rather are posting from their real motivation for control (to harass conservatives) those of us who really are expert in this area quickly see through your facade and since your argument is based on dishonesty and the facts you provide have no rational relationship to what truly motivates your position, yes we can be a bit hard on those who dishonestly want to nibble away at our rights for unwholesome and bogus reasons

9. Vegas giants

Vegas giants Banned

We only want to hear from people that agree with us!!!!

10. Turtledude

having dealt with the banoid movement for 40+ years now I realize there is no real argument that can be made that supports laws that target honest citizens first and only tangentially impact people who are already banned from owning any firearms due to past actions. And having dealt with the banoid movement for so many years, I know that almost every banoid leader and almost ALL of the followers are leftwing activists whose main issue is the political agenda that gun owners support

when you all actually have some suggestions that clearly are aimed at CRIMINALS and the CRIMINAL misuse of firearms that at worst, only have a minor impact on honest people, then I might believe that you actually are about decreasing crime

but crap like waiting periods
    registration
    magazine limits
    "machine gun" and "assault weapon" bans
    how many guns you can buy in a week, a month or a year
    etc

are all aimed at HONEST and LAwfuL gun owners and when you push that stuff

I know your real goal is harassing honest gun owners since criminals cannot buy any guns, own any firearms no matter how many rounds it holds and cannot be forced to register guns they already own

11. Vegas giants

Vegas giants Banned

See. It's much quicker to lump all the "banoids" together so you don't have to listen to or respond to their arguments. It makes the attack that much easier.

12. Turtledude

its so easy to pretend you have noble goals when in fact your arguments are in the same exact pattern as people whose main goal is political, not public safety

why don't you lay out for us your solutions to the problems you claim need solving and I will demonstrate why I am correct

13. Vegas giants

Vegas giants Banned

You are not interested in a search for the truth. You have made your goals clear. Anyone who does not agree with you is the enemy and must be crushed. We can not have an exchange of ideas. This is not a forum to you....it is a pulpit. Church is in session boys and today's sermon is on how to annihilate the opposition. Lol

14. Turtledude

translation-you don't have any solutions, you are going to run away and sulk because deep down you know I am right. You appear to be a sock puppet given how you respond to people after only being "here a short time".

GO ahead and post your solutions. If you really believe in public safety, you'd have some programs that would advance that

if you run away it means I am clearly right

15. Vegas giants

Vegas giants Banned

Now the real names and insults start. I believe it was Kennedy who called Nixon a sock puppet during one of their famous debates. No I will not challenge your religion. Others are capable of intelligent debate but not you. You come here to preach and denounce heretics. I will be happy to debate those capable of honest and intelligent debate. You are not counted among them.

16. Turtledude

More evasions-and I have seen this for forty years. Ask a gun restrictionist what they really want and we get these games. Thanks for publicly showing what I already knew about you and your position.

17. Vegas giants

Vegas giants Banned

Now.....call me another name and go caress your gun. Lol

18. Turtledude

more evasion

you have been here a week

you have almost 400 posts

you are already writing off posters who don't buy into your BS

I smell hosiery

and I also smell dishonesty

when you are unable to quickly set forth your solutions for gun crime after spending so much time complaining about the pro gun side, it means you don't have real solutions rather all you have is a desire to attack gun owners mainly because you are a left winger

19. Vegas giants

Vegas giants Banned

You would think after 40 years you would be better at this. Oh well....maybe in another 40 years. Lol

20. Turtledude

several posts responding to me and refusing to answer an easy question

I think I am dong fine considering what my goal was

21. Vegas giants

Vegas giants Banned

Have a great night....and a better tomorrow! Lol

22. Ethos

Ethos New Member

That was not the 2+ pages I was hoping on....

23. Turtledude

sadly it is to be expected. most gun banners or those who support crap like "magazine limits" or "assault weapon bans" either are those who really don't think much about the issue and reflexively support what the shepherds tell them to think (and thus are not able to really formulate arguments) or are dishonest and pretend that their proposals are designed for public safety when their real motivations are far more sinister. Those types are not going to want to honestly discuss the issue either

24. Vegas giants

Vegas giants Banned

Honestly discuss the issue??? That was hilarious. Honest and intelligent discussion is not welcome by you. LOL

25. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member Past Donor

Come on Ron, give er a college try. Make your new self respectable. Just one or two itsy bitsy suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.