Game of Thrones Season 6 thread

Discussion in 'Music, TV, Movies & other Media' started by L_Ron_Paul, May 3, 2016.

1. L_Ron_Paul

L_Ron_Paul Member

I cannot be the only one here to have watched the first 2 episodes. Thoughts, predictions? Make sure you add spoiler alerts...

2. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

************Spoilery*****danger Will Robinson!***********

I'm wondering how "normal" Jon is going to be after being dead for quite a while, maybe a full day. Is he going to bounce right back or is he going to be zombish?

Also, after not seeing Bran for a full season, he's gotten some good training apparently. He can know time travel? Or at least view the past? This might uncover some rather dangerous truths. If I were him I would go back to where he was originally pushed over the tower by Jamie since he didn't have any memory of it to see what exactly happened.

3. smallblue

smallblue Well-Known Member

Arya's storyline/character is getting pretty annoying.

4. L_Ron_Paul

L_Ron_Paul Member

*Spoilers*

Ramsay Bolton is, as his father said, a mad dog. Given the way this show is written I have a sinking feeling that Ramsay is going to win "The Battle of the Bastards" at Winterfell against Jon Snow this year, but then he will probably get bumped off randomly and unceremoniously. Just a thought.

5. MrNick

MrNick Banned

This show is terrible....

They can't even hang people properly....

6. Lil Mike

I agree. The hanging scenes in How I Met Your Mother were much more realistic.

7. Moi621

Moi621 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Maybe the punishment was meant to be strangulation by hanging
    and not a nice snap of the neck bones.

Each year GoT seems to get more slow, with less story line.
    I wish they would pick up the pace to get that first season
    thrill ride again..

Moi :oldman:

r > g

no_canada.jpg
    Across an immense, unguarded, ethereal border, Canadians, cool and unsympathetic,
    regard our America with envious eyes and slowly and surely draw their plans against us.

8. tkolter

tkolter Well-Known Member

How's Jon going to convince any Lord he is not a deserter from the Night's Watch saying he died and so the oath was voided and came back to life would be a hard case to make. And since he is not a Lord since he gave that up to join the Watch they could behead him then and there without a trial. It will depend on who he meets first Sansa or someone else. He should have asks for letters from prominent people and the new Lord Commander he is lawfully released do to dying and coming back.

9. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

First 3 episodes have been pretty slow in my opinion. Although I did enjoy the Tower of Joy. How badass was Ser Arthur Dayne? Anyway. My guess is within the next 2 episodes R+L=J will be confirmed.

And is anyone else pissed off about the Umbers betraying the Starks? Not only os it completely out of character for them but thier reasoning for it is weak as hell. I'm holding on to the hope that this is all part of the Great Northern Conspiracy and that the SmallJon is just trying to lure Ramesy out of the safety of Winterfell, but handing him Rickon seems like a huge gamble. I mean the entire North knows what a sick (*)(*)(*)(*) Ramsey is. Real hope he isn't really a traitor.

10. Lil Mike

I would be surprised if "R+L=J" is confirmed this season, simply because if it is in fact the case, it's the biggest story of the entire series, and the next book isn't even out yet. I can't believe they would give up THE major spoiler of the book before it's released.

11. Nullity

Nullity Active Member

He died and his watch ended. The fact that he was subsequently brought back to life doesn't change that. It's not like they gave him CPR, this was obviously something else. He is no longer beholden to the Night's Watch if he so chooses, which, it seems he has.

Also, as a bastard, he was never a Lord before becoming the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

12. Nullity

Nullity Active Member

Are we watching the same show? So far, this season has been moving much faster than any before, and while it's always been one of my favorite shows, I am enjoying the new quickened pace.

That fight was incredible. Easily one of, if not the, best yet. I watched it several times. What makes it so great is that he was never showing off. There wasn't a bunch of unnecessary flourishing that normally happens in fights in other shows/movies. There wasn't any wasted movement, it was all very precise and calculated. Too bad we probably won't be treated to any more of it.

13. tkolter

tkolter Well-Known Member

No many people KNOW he put on the black and now is away from the Wall and the Gift their territory, without written orders, so most would consider him a deserter and not being a Lord he would be subject to immediate execution by any proper Lord or Anointed Knight in the Seven Kingdoms without the right to even trial by combat. And he would have no easy way to explain he died and then rose from the dead so its fine. If I was ,say, Bolton I would drag him to a nearest rock or tree stump, say the sentence and off with his head IF he wasn't tortured first a lot.

If I was a Lord or Knight I wouldn't believe him or waste my time sending a Raven for a proper witness to come like a sworn brother carrying a letter from the Lord Commander and officers of the Watch to attest to his claim.

14. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

Don't get me wrong they've all been good, I just feel like we're still just building up for things to come which was basically all the entire last season was. Just build up for "the wars to come". And here we are 3 episodes in to the next season and it's still just... Build up. Sure several major and exciting things have happened, like Jons resurrection, but even that is just building up for something later down the road.

Definitely this.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh. It's time for the tables to turn. Those who hadn't read the books have had to deal with all the spoilers they book readers kept giving so it's high time they feel the burn.

15. L_Ron_Paul

L_Ron_Paul Member

What do you think...would Arthur Dayne beat zombie Gregor in a one-on-one?

16. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

Ohhhh. That be something to see.

17. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

Really not liking how things in the North are going right now. Though I must admit those were some strong feels when Sansa and Jon reunited. Beautiful scene.

18. L_Ron_Paul

L_Ron_Paul Member

Jon's story arc almost demands that he ends up killing Ramsay at the end of this season. But I almost wouldn't be surprised if he didn't, and ends up getting killed in battle given the Stark-torment bent of this show now. Either way, I feel like we're in for at least one episode of Rickon getting the sh!t tortured out of him.

19. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

He held that mother freaking door by God. That scene was easily one of the most emotionally powerful ones of the series. Hodor. You're a boss.

20. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that next season is supposed to be the last, and they usually won't change that once it's announced. Seeing as Martin still hasn't released the last book and it's supposed to be bigger than any other I have to wonder if the two stories aren't going to diverge even more than they already have.

21. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

Very strange time travel aspect, with the future affecting the past. Kudos to Martin if it was his idea

I can't help but wonder if we might get into more SF than Fantasy aspects of the story here. For one thing they have to move it along to end it next season and it's going to be necessary to explain quite a few things or the point of even having them in the story at all will be questionable. (OTOH lots of stories do that nowadays, and really always did, but I'm HOPING for better here.)

WHY does everyone hate Arya so? Is it because she's the lone feminist, or androgynous, or just short. I swear, most of the readers of these stories are as hideboundedly naïve as Sansa (was).

22. WittySocrates

WittySocrates Active Member

Hold the door.

That scene got to me and that doesn't happen to me often.

23. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

Pretty sure there's 2 more seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not afraid to admit I teared up lol.

24. Pax Aeon

Pax Aeon Well-Known Member

`
    `

Ho-dee-doe.

25. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

I'm guessing this was martins work. Very great job of it was.

As for Arya, i think it's because her story just isn't going anywhere. Back in season 4 there was so much hype about her becoming some badass ninja assassin and now everyone had realized that even if she makes it through her training, everything is going to be finished over there anyway so none of it will matter. Her little list will be completely irrelevant. But I think that is the entire point. By the time she's a faceless man, her list won't matter, when to her, because she won't be Arya Stark. She will be No one.