Non Gun Owners talking about guns...

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Dware, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Dware

Dware New Member

I live out here in North Dakota where guns is just part of daily life, I have almost 100 guns myself..

I have 19 shotguns all for different things for example...

I've always set a unloaded sig 45 on my living room table plain view of my kids telling them what it is and to never touch it....you know why?.....because now its not a mystery that they want to play with.

Guns are not evil (but Islamic terrorists sure are) there are over 100 MILLION gun owners in the United States, this isn't Australia or Europe, there will be NO stealing of our guns or repealing of the Second Ammendment short of a 2nd Civil War...that's a fact!

Many state Governors wouldn't even let the Feds enforce such a law in their state.

The one thing that drives me crazy is people (99% of the time lefties) who don't own a gun and probably never even shot a gun talk about guns and gun control

P.S.....No such think as an "Assault Weapon"...stop saying it, you sound silly

2. Lesh

Lesh Banned

Gun "aficionados"...or gun hobbyists...or whatever you call someone who owns 100 guns (I'm studiously avoiding the phrase "gun nuts" here) like to play games with words. Of course there is such a thing as an Assault Weapon. It is the civilian variant of a military weapon that is without a doubt an assault weapon. It was designed to be just that. It is a rapid fire hybrid between a rifle and a machine pistol. Yes it is semi-automatic, but because the design is such that it has very little recoil it can be fired as fast as and faster than, some actual machine guns. Machine guns for the most part do not exist in our society because they were being used by criminals to do great harm and because they had no real use in our society.
    The same can be said about assault weapons. Some will say that an AR 15 makes a good deer rifle. I suppose you could use it as one but don't even pretend that there aren't other better alternatives that are not semi-auto and don't have detachable magazines. If you're that bad a shot that you need more than two shots to take down a deer I suggest you look for a semi-auto tube fed gun. I'm sure they will become available the day after a real AW ban goes into effect.

As far as having 19 shotguns. Dude...you're a hobbyist with a very dangerous hobby. That's all well and good but don't pretend you "need" 19 shotguns or 100 guns total.

And please be more careful about leaving guns...especially loaded guns around your house. Your kids are still kids no matter what you think of them or yourself.

And yes I own guns. I always have. I have 2 -12 ga pumps, a .22 bolt action Springfield copy, and a .50 cal CVA cap and ball that I built.

I used to have another 12 ga breakdown but I had that destroyed after my eldest used it to commit suicide.

3. TomFitz

TomFitz Well-Known Member

I was going to "like" your post, but the last sentence moved me to a more sympathic response.

I agree with you completely. I don't own guns, and see no need to. But I don't care if you do. It's not my business, and I don't care to make it my business.

The OP's attitude is scary and irresponsible. Still he has his rights.

But common sense needs to prevail.o

I don't really care about an assault weapons ban. But any laws that make it difficult for crackpots, jihadists, and mentally distured to obtain them should be pursued.

I would think that responsible sportsman, gun owners and collectors would want that too. It will protect their hobby while protecting the rest of us from the sort of people who would abuse their right to bear arms.

A gun is not an automobile, a toaster or a television. It is a weapon. And it needs to be respected, properly handled and treated accordingly.

4. Dware

Dware New Member

We're not going to agree ....

But I am sorry about your last paragraph

5. Dware

Dware New Member

Assault Weapon is a made up term..

No such weapon.

Apparently black guns with a pistol grip scares lefties

6. Dware

Dware New Member

1346759512.jpg

What scares you guys so much about this gun?

Because it's black?

7. Quantum Nerd

Quantum Nerd Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. As a parent of 2 I cannot even begin to imagine how that must feel.

And that's the reason why we don't have guns (although my inlaws recently moved in with us, bringing 2 guns -- we'll get rid of them soon). Statistics show again and again that guns in the household are more likely yo cause harm within the family than to protect against bad guys.

You have every right to be very emotional with regard to gun legislation. Yet, it seems the most emotional ones are similar to the OP, who are in love with their 100 inanimate metal objects and who could care less about the overall effect of gun abundance on society, as long as they can continue with their strange hobby.

8. Dware

Dware New Member

Strange hobby?..

Haha..I'm guessing you live " in the city"

I don't even know anyone without guns

Skeet, bird hunting, deer hunting, gun courses is pretty common around here

Only seem to be a big deal to you guys that don't anything about guns

MILLIONS of Americans have guns...

9. RedDirtWalker

RedDirtWalker Well-Known Member

I believe most do, BUT it needs to be done in such a way so as not to infringe upon THEIR rights also. That is the main hurtle.

No fly list no gun - Many people have ended up on the list by mistake, but don't know it until they try to travel or something. Then it is a length and expensive process (not to mention unconstitutional ie. Due process) to get off the list, if ever.

Background Checks - There are mandatory background checks in place now. In fact the Orlando shooter passed his so much so that he was a license armed Security Guard.

As a gun owner myself I'm all for keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, terrorists, and mentally unstable, but without infringing upon my rights. Problem is that criminals and terrorists inherently do not follow laws so how do you make laws that would keep guns out of their hands? Mentally unstable is something that doctors should be reporting now, but are not so I don't see how you can blame the gun lobby for that.

If you have some solutions I would love to hear them.

10. Dware

Dware New Member

Well yea..

Terrorists aren't concerned about " laws"...they want to murder people

11. Just A Man

Just A Man Well-Known Member

Let me see -- We have a law against murdering someone. How's that working? We have a law against illicit drugs. How's that working? We have a law against anyone entering our country illegally. How's that working? We have a law against drunk driving. How's that working? So someone murders 49 people and our fearless simple-minded leaders want to ban semi-automatic rifles, or some degree of gun control. How will that work?

12. creation

creation New Member

How easy would it be for you to kill alot of people if you wanted to?

13. Dware

Dware New Member

You make too much sense for lefties man....they only deal in fear

14. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

There is no such thing as an assault weapon unless government decides to re-invent the term through legislation. Then they have to describe what makes scary parts of a regular rifle that turn it into an assault weapon like collapsing stock or bayonet lugs (how many bayonet lugs have killed anyone?) or the 'thing that goes up'. Basically they have to describe a rifle that looks scary to them.

15. Dware

Dware New Member

And yet I don't and never even thought about it..weird huh?

Americans better wake the hell up and get serious about Islamic terrorists...you think 50 dead is bad?...wait untill they sneak a nuke across our open border

16. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

No (*)(*)(*)(*). Our leader blames guns and Americans.

Don't you wish we had a real leader?

[video=youtube_share;2QVDKtJZaRc]http://youtu.be/2QVDKtJZaRc[/video]

17. TRFjr

TRFjr Well-Known Member Past Donor

bull crap even Obama white house study its self says you assertion is bull crap

there has been many studies and surveys about guns used in self defense and they range from 100,000 to 3 million a year so even if we go with the lowest number of all the studies at 100,000 that is three times as many lives saved by guns as there that are taken

18. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Preface: I totally disagree with gun bans.

If they really wanted to ban "assault weapons", they'd drop the bull(*)(*)(*)(*) about cosmetic features and just ban all rifles with a detachable magazine above X caliber.

It would be nearly impossible to implement, but it would get rid of idiotic bull(*)(*)(*)(*) like banning bayonet lugs.

19. Daniel Light

Daniel Light Well-Known Member

I support the right to own guns.

I think it's a good thing that you have placed that gun in sight of your children - it will always remind them that their dad
    could have sent them to the finest college ... if he hadn't spent their college funds on buying 100 guns.

20. Dware

Dware New Member

Haha..I know your semi joking but I have a high disposable income...

Money isn't a problem:)

My favorite shotgun was $14,000...I don't shoot that one..lol

21. Lesh

Lesh Banned

Banning the manufacture and sale of that kind of weapon will do a lot. The shooter bought his assault weapon only weeks before the killing spree..Of course he would have been able to buy a "used" gun at a gun show...no need for ANY background check there.

Ownership should be grandfathered...but not sale outside the family.

22. Lesh

Lesh Banned

The cosmetic feature was a compromise with the gun lobby in order to allow some assault weapons be available for hunting. It's total; BS

It should have simply been any semi-auto with a detachable magazine regardless od caliber (because now we start THAT nonsense...an AR-15 is virtually identical in caliber to a .22)

23. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

The South complained louder and had a better excuse.

24. Dware

Dware New Member

What does that even mean, I dont speak lefty

Reality likes this.
  25. Questerr

Questerr Banned

[​IMG]

Yeah, those two rounds are definitely "virtually identical".