Charlotte police shoot and kill man, sparking growing protest

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Pax Aeon, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pax Aeon

Pax Aeon Well-Known Member

`
    "CHARLOTTE, North Carolina -- Charlotte, North Carolina, police looking to serve a warrant Tuesday shot and killed a man in the parking lot of an apartment complex. The man was armed but not the man police were looking for, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said in a news release.

The late-afternoon shooting set off an angry crowd response that grew as the hours passed.A Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police officer suffered injuries during protests Tuesday night . The officer's injuries are not life-threatening.It was not clear why authorities were serving the warrant. While they were looking for that individual, officers saw a man get out of a car with a gun, then get back into the vehicle, the statement said. Officers moved in.

"The subject got back out of the vehicle armed with a firearm and posed an imminent deadly threat to the officers who subsequently fired their weapon striking the subject," police said.

Police Chief Kerr Putney said at least one officer shot the man. Two investigative branches of the department were looking into the shooting, he said
    " - Source
    `
    [HR][/HR]
    `
    Once again, an American city sits on the precipice of another unlawful riot. This case is strikingly familiar to the Milwaukee case where a man with a brandished gun faces off against police and was shot to death. The Milwaukee riots produced 5.4 million dollars in damage, destroyed four businesses that employed blacks, is driving even more businesses out of that area and produced 41 arrests. Nothing was resolved. I hope cooler heads prevail in Charlotte.

resisting arrest likes this.
  2. ModCon

ModCon Well-Known Member

Cooler heads will prevail, provided that BLM, Sharpton, Jackson, Obama, MSM, and progressives (*)(*)(*)(*) for once, and quit interjecting that race has something to with everything under the sun.

3. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

So once again the thug cops shoot a law abiding guy just because he's black. The cops are waging genocide against black people. They think it's 1816 on a slave plantation hunting down runaway slaves instead of 2016 when black people are supposed to be free. Maybe they should have played the Star Spangled Banner that boasts about killing black people instead of actually murdering the guy. Oh well, they'll get a paid vacation and letters on commendation when it's all over.

"Summary
    North Carolina is a traditional open carry state. You MAY open carry in a motor vehicle. However, localities may regulate the carrying of firearms under certain circumstances.
    http://www.opencarry.org/state-info-n-s/north-carolina/

4. Pax Aeon

`
    If initial news reports are accurate, they state the black male was exiting a car with a gun in hand, with the police already there. That's pretty damn stupid. Considering the police have become targets for lawless members of the black community, this situation could have been avoided by leaving the gun in the car. I sincerely pity those poor warped souls who lack the ability to judge each case separately and without prejudice. Once a lawful investigation is concluded then we'll get the full story.

5. theunbubba

theunbubba Well-Known Member Past Donor

Obama's America, ain't it great?
    I wonder when tee time is tomorrow?

6. Ctrl

Ctrl Well-Known Member Past Donor

Open carry != brandishing a firearm at police.

But thanks for promoting open season on law enforcement. Doing your country and the black community you claim to defend a great service.

7. Pax Aeon

8. The Wyrd of Gawd

The chances of getting a legitimate investigation when thug cops murder someone are about 1 in 10,000.

It seems that most black people haven't gotten the memo that cops will rather shoot them than have a donut. Heck, cops will shoot each other or even themselves if they can't shoot a black person when they get an itchy finger,

9. The Wyrd of Gawd

10. Pax Aeon

`
    `

New developments;

1) In a statement released Tuesday night, CMPD officials say officers were looking for a suspect with an outstanding warrant when they “observed a subject inside a vehicle” who “exited the vehicle armed with a firearm,” before getting back into the car. The account goes on to state that as police approached the vehicle, the man -- now identified as Scott -- “got back out of the vehicle armed with a firearm and posed an imminent deadly threat to the officers who subsequently fired their weapon striking the subject.”

2) That report conflicts with the statements from members of Scott’s family, who say he was unarmed, and that the “gun” in question was actually a book. They also say Scott was disabled - Source
    `
    Interesting that the statements between the police and the victims family, are so radically different.
    `
    `
    `

11. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

A Black cop is committing genocide against blacks?

- - - Updated - - -

That or in a holster...

12. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

In so tired of black guys not being able to brandish firearms at police without getting shot. They should be able to do this and disobey officers commands and make quick jerky actions like reaching back into a car window after being told not to.
    Secondly, black cops should not be able to shoot black people. This messes up hillarys cops are racist angle she is now trying. We are back on the torn, worn and tattered race card. Its the only thing the left has now.

13. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

I'm going to say the chances someone mistaking a book for a gun TWICE is almost nil. The chances for mistaking a book for a gun and then finding a gun......

Me thinks the family is full of (*)(*)(*)(*).

14. Crcata

Crcata Banned

Every claim you made in this post and your previous post have been destroyed by actual facts, and logic. You are absolutely wrong. Police are not hunting blacks, blacks are killed less often than whites, considering that blacks commit more violent crimes than whites and are still killed less absolutely destroys your statement. It must be easy to never accept personal responsibility as the reason for anything that goes wrong in your life huh?

Thirty6BelowZero likes this.
  15. Terrapinstation

Terrapinstation Well-Known Member

These riots, uh, I mean protests sure do spring up quickly. Do they all use vacation days from work??

16. Crcata

Crcata Banned

Well in the end we may never REALLY know. But the families of these "victims" have a record of lieing, specifically when it comes to police shootings. They will say and do anything to villianize police.

I also find it hilarious that "hands up don't shoot!" is still a rallying point of these days. Even after it was proved to be false through physical evidence. Even after the main witness against the police, the thugs friend whom was with him admitted it was a lie, even after multiple recants of "witnesses" who claim they observed that, even after the physical proof showed the officers story to be true...that is STILL a rallying point. The BLM organization is built on a lie. Everything they claim is the fault of the police is shown to be overwhelmingly their own doing with but a so very few exceptions.

The ignorant and uneducated are so easily swayed to violence. Surprise Surprise.

17. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Who knew Twitter would be a popular place to organize riots... Why they dont pay more attention to social media i have no idea...

18. MRogersNhood

MRogersNhood Banned

There's been more riots during Obama's presidency than 30 years combined in the US.
    I think just his 2nd term.

19. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

"Stay the Course"

20. Pax Aeon

`
    `

Video here: Protests erupt after fatal shooting by police in N. Charlotte - includes interview with family.

Transcript:

"....A man who said he's the brother of Scott said to NBC Charlotte this evening:"
    "Just know that all white people are (expletive) devils. All white cops are (expletive devils, and all white people."
    "He was waiting on his son to get from school and police came out with no.. he didn't have on no uniform to determine if he was a police or not -- he was an undercover and he just jumped out and yelled 'gun' and shot at him," he told NBC Charlotte's Tanya Mendis.
    "I think they shot him four times, I'm not sure, but he's dead."
    "Shot my Daddy for being black! And look they're just standing there."

21. Crcata

Crcata Banned

It sucks that these uneducated, professional victims have kids that they can corrupt so easily. A kid isn't going to research their opinion. They are going to get it from their parents. And when their parents tell them police are the devil, as well as white people, thats what they grow up thinking as adults, even if the facts are out there that beyond any reasonable doubt disprove any "hunting of blacks" done by police. And then they cause problems for the rest of society. Its a damn shame.

In just 1 day I have had a small black child (5 years old?) open a door for me, and then tell me thank you after I thanked her for it. Warmed my heart. (At 7 11)

And during that same day I overheard a group of young black teenagers talking about their hatred for police and whites and their support for BLM. Put hatred in me lol. (At Walmart)

Sometimes I think I may need a break from the news/forums for awhile as to not find myself just full of hate. Only so much willful stupidity I can take.

22. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Yep racism is taught.

23. Pax Aeon

`
    Either way, this is going to be major trouble. If the family is correct and the man was unarmed with a book, waiting for a child, this is going to cause national outrage to a point where law enforcement is going to have to change. If, the family is wrong, it's going to give ammunition to the far right, among other things.

24. MRogersNhood

MRogersNhood Banned

It seems it's taught more as of late:
    1972-2012 30 Years.
    -----------------------------

1974 – Boston Busing Race Riots

1975 – Livernois–Fenkell riot (Detroit, United States)

1978 – Moody Park riots, May 1978, (Houston)[28]

1980 – Arthur McDuffie riots, May 1980, (Miami, United States)

1987 – Tampa riot of 1987, Feb. 1987, (Tampa, Florida, United States)

1988 – Latino riot, Perth Amboy, New Jersey[35]

1988 – Tompkins Square Park Police Riot, August 1988 (East Village, Manhattan, New York City)

1988 – Hot Biscuit Riot, Shreveport, Louisiana[36]

1992 – Los Angeles riots, April 29 – May 4 (Los Angeles, United States)

1996 – St. Petersburg, Florida Riot 1996, Oct. 1996, (St. Petersburg, Florida,

Post 2012 4 Years

----------------------------

2012 – Riots in Anaheim, California, several injuries and 24 arrested.

2013 – Riots in Brooklyn, New York after the death of Kimani Gray who was shot and killed by NYPD

2014 – Riots in Ferguson, Missouri caused by the shooting of Michael Brown and charges against the accused officer being dropped.

2015 - April 26: 2015 Baltimore riots erupted in Baltimore, Maryland, United States in response to the death of 25-year-old Freddie Gray, who died while in police custody.

February 27: Riots after the shooting of Abdi Mohamed in Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.

March 11: Donald Trump rally takes a violent turn in Chicago, Illinois

On May 25, Protesters outside a Trump rally rioted in Albuquerque, New Mexico, injuring several Police Officers[372

June 2: San Jose, California, Trump rally turns violent when protesters attacked supporters and one Police Officer was assaulted[373]

August: 2016 Milwaukee riots

North Carolina Riots

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_riots#2012

25. HTownMarine

HTownMarine Well-Known Member Past Donor

Lol

Blacks have waged genocide on themselves. 3,000 shot in Chicago and counting, but I bet you can't name one of them. I can.

Tyshawn Lee. He was the 9 year old black kid shot in the head execution style and his dad wouldn't cooperate with police despite knowing the shooters.

Black Lives Matter! Sometimes....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.