Law professors file misconduct complaint against Kellyanne Conway

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Jason Bourne, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Well-Known Member Past Donor

She's been barred from politically oriented talk shows and now her own profession is seeking sanctions for misconduct. Could it get much worse for the "Team Trump?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...47f8cf9b643_story.html?utm_term=.fadc9e8ca0f2

Regards,

Jason Bourne

2. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

That's funny that some lawyers think she is bringing shame to a shameless profession. This is just another example of left wing extremists using the system to attack their enemies. To bad the neoMarxist left doesn't hate people that want to kill us as much as they hate the right. The people working in the Trump administration better get used to it because it will be an on going form attack from the radical left.

3. Jason Bourne

I see. Because some other lawyers are unethical and lie, the Counsel to the President of the United States should be allowed to do the same without fear of sanctions.

Regards,

Jason Bourne

4. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

Why didn't this group go after President Obama for all his lies? Because this is a political hatchet job, nothing more. They'll be plenty more for the left to get their panties in a bunch, we're barely a month in. I can't wait to see the temper tantrums the left will be throwing in 6 months.

5. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

She hasn't been especially competent. Some battles you need to let go, and I think this is one of them. Find someone better.

6. Jason Bourne

What has Obama got to do with Conway's lying and unethical behavior? Nothing. Trump hired her and has to accept responsibility for her behavior. Obama is no longer the president.

But nice try at deflection.

Regards,

Jason Bourne

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, she definitely needs to be terminated from her position. But I'd like to see her censured by the DC Bar.

Regards,

Jason Bourne

7. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

If it wasn't politically motivated these same people would have been more outrage by Obama's lies. After all she's just a flunky, he was the man in charge.

8. Jason Bourne

The Trump flunky lied numerous times and engaged in unethical behavior. She deserves to be sanctioned and fired.

Regards,

Jason Bourne

9. Borat

Borat Banned

Jeez, the left is now reduced to one-sided cheap petty attacks on political surrogates and pundits. Never mind that the complaint will be laughed at as she was not acting in her legal capacity and did not represent a legal client... but this level of degradation and humiliation of the liberal mob in just a few months after the election is sad, troubling and at the same time quite amusing.

Sure, in theory the Dems could turn into a party of ideas, from a party of racial/gender baiting and petty smear... but that does not seem to be on the agenda.

10. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

It always cracks me up seeing a partisan complaining about a liar on the other side. This is just a typical move from the left, they use organizations and institutions to attack people. It's just what they do. It's like a puppy pissing in the floor, one can get mad and beat the dog or they can understand puppies are immature and they lack the ability to hold it.

11. PrincipleInvestment

PrincipleInvestment Well-Known Member

I'm sure this isn't just more partisan political hokum ... I'm sure these liberal professors would have brought up the same ethics allegations had Crooked Hillary actually ever passed the BAR exam ... right?

12. Jason Bourne

I wouldn't know. Hillary Clinton wasn't an attorney and wasn't appointed to the Trump administration.

Regards,

Jason Bourne

13. Jason Bourne

None of that changes the fact that Conway constantly lied, misrepresented the President and engaged in unethical behavior in violation of her obligations as an attorney. She deserves to be sanctioned and fired.

Regards,

Jason Bourne

14. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

I love how not one person has actually defended Conway. Can anyone actually do that? Can anyone defend her against these accusations without invoking Obama or a what-if-Hillary-won scenario?

I wonder if that's the type of case she'll make. "I'm innocent of these accusations because Obama was the president and he did bad things too and the liberals all use institutions to attack people and stuff".

Who am I kidding, this is the Trump team, that's a perfectly legitimate thing to expect haha.

Jason Bourne likes this.
  15. Jason Bourne

Thank you. The voice of reason.

Regards,

Jason Bourne

16. Latherty

Latherty Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see how that turns out.

An adverse decision by the committee could result in discouraging lawyers from taking public positions.

Jason Bourne likes this.
  17. Jason Bourne

Or it might encourage ethical attorney's to take those positions and drive out the riff-raff like Conway.

Regards,

Bourne.

18. Habana

Habana Well-Known Member

These are the same basic complaints the left has been throwing out about Trump. If Trump is a liar and unpresidential why would his subordinates be the same? It's the same basic attack they'll try to use against every Trump administration member. We all know it's not the act of lying that has them in a tizzy. So what's the motivation?

They've been soundly rejected by the American people and now the left wants to use the systems and institutions to stop the people's agenda. Each little neoMarxist cog will do it's part. I do find it interesting the neoMarxists have jumped into bed with the globalist.

19. Jason Bourne

Nope. Just the liars and those that engage in unethical behavior. Such as Ms. Conway.

Regards,

Jason Bourne

20. Latherty

Latherty Well-Known Member

Yes, but it would draw a distinction between behavioural guidelines for lawyers and for non-lawyers in the same position. One effect may be to drive lawyers out of it and deprive the public of the benefit of legally-trained advisors. Alternatively, people holding the same position might behave in very different ways.

I'm not saying what she did was right, I'm suggesting that its not the appropriate venue for castigation.

I don't know what the appropriate venue is, though. Maybe OCE?

21. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Well-Known Member Past Donor

This complaint should be taken very seriously since these are the same lawyers who filed a complaint against Loretta Lynch after she was caught having a secret meeting with Bill Clinton out in a remote corner of an airport tarmac during the FBI Hillary investigation.

What?

They didn't?

Sorry. Never mind ...

22. Jason Bourne

Ms. Conway is a member of the DC Bar. In addition, she is a federal employee who took an oath before she was hired.

As with a police officer, she is held to a higher standard of ethical behavior and conduct. She violated those standards by lying and engaging in unethical behavior.

If the DC Bar chooses to sanction her professionally, so be it.

After all, do you want a habitual liar and someone who engages in blatant unethical behavior representing the President?

Regards,

Jason Bourne

23. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

So you think what she said and did is trivial?

24. Bluesguy

Bluesguy Well-Known Member Donor

Hillary is an attorney and what does angthing in their complant have to do with Conway acting as an attorney?

25. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

None of the complainants are a tribunal, opposing counsel, or her client, so they really have no standing as far as the rules of professional conduct here.