MTV Poll: 88% of Millennials Think Affirmative Action Is Unfair

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BroncoBilly, May 21, 2014.

1. BroncoBilly

BroncoBilly Well-Known Member Past Donor

Wow there is hope for our youth. I think they are finding the difficulty in today's job and college environment to be struggling enough without giving any preference to someone's skin color. Wow, what a reality check

http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/matt-vespa/mtv-poll-88-millennials-think-affirmative-action-unfair

The survey found that 88% oppose such programs because they "believe that favoring one race over another is unfair, because of their belief in equality." Also, "90% believe that everyone should be treated the same regardless of race [and] 70% believe it's never fair to give preferential treatment to one race over another, regardless of historical inequalities. (65% for POC [people of color], 74% for White)."

2. SourD

SourD New Member Past Donor

That's gotta sting the statists.

3. eleison

eleison New Member

I think Affirmative action will die within 5 years.

[​IMG]

4. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Thats a good sign. hopefully this racist practice will be on it's way out very soon.

5. antb0y

antb0y Well-Known Member

I see that as a sign that AA has outlived its usefulness, if I may say so as a non-american.

6. BroncoBilly

Hopefully unions follow suit, their usefulness is long past, now it's just corrupt politics

7. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

The left is never going to give up on AA as long as they are in power. It benefits their constituents too much. It serves as a reminder that the left is not against institutionalized racism and discrimination per se, it's just a matter of whether they can benefit from it or not.

8. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

You cannot make up for past racism by being racist to others.

9. pol meister

pol meister Well-Known Member

But it's also this same group that can't discern traditional marriage from homosexuality. So even though they are starting to get it right on the folly of affirmative action, they have a long way to go before they deprogram themselves out of the other liberal follies.

10. BroncoBilly

Life is nothing but trial and error, sometimes it requires falling down multiple times before people get it right. As far as the marriage thing goes, I don't think that is going to be an issue in the future. It will eventually be no more abhorrent than a black marrying a white 50 years ago, now the vast majority never gives it any thought. There are racists on both sides that still disagree with interracial marriage, and I think that will hold true with gay marriage.

11. gchamblee

gchamblee Well-Known Member Past Donor

Is anyone else bothered by how many people still think race should be a deciding factor when jobs are handed out or is it just me lol.

12. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Well over a decade ago I was working with a kid on social studies and she asked me about affirmative action and its effect on people's lives and then she frowned and pointed out how the entire process was unfair to people born with her skin shade. I nodded and then pointed out that it was probably her generation -- the least race conscious ever -- that would finally bring Affirmative Action to a screeching halt for that very reason; because they would see no reason to punish themselves for something that happened an unimaginable time in the past from their perspectives. So . . . it . . . goes.

13. BroncoBilly

Exactly true. Race hustlers like Sharpton and Jackson will be considerable diminished.

14. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

It's already in the pipeline. Notice that nobody ever hears from Jessie Jackson anymore? Apparently his son getting busted for being an outright criminal broke his spirit. As for Sharpton, he's just coasting on momentum at this point. I mean when it is revealed that he was a big time drug dealer before the FBI made him an offer he couldn't refuse and still anti-ethical MSNBC STILL keeps him on . . . well, that simply means that they are doing so for the theatrics of having a reprobate old race-hustler at this point.

The Left has so completely overplayed its hand with "racism this" and "racism that" since Obama's election in 2008 that mostly the scam has begun to lose its sting; especially when people realize that an attack really is politically motivated . . . as most of them are nowadays.

15. TheTaoOfBill

TheTaoOfBill Well-Known Member

I do think schools should reward potential students who come from a life of endured hardship. I think if you come from a poor neighborhood or you come from a war torn country or you were otherwise raised in a difficult environment then you should be given a little more preference to someone with the same scores who was born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

But I don't think being black necessarily means you endured hardship. I do think many black people have endured hardship and probably would be given preferential treatment in a social-economic affirmative action. But it seems strange to give preferential treatment to a black kid who came from a well off family. Not all black people are enduring hardships. And not all white people were born with social advantages.

I mean think of what will happen if Obama's daughters apply to a college with affirmative action. Doesn't it seem funny that Obama's kids get preferential treatment for the "hardship" they've endured.

16. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

Its all that, republican, Dr. Martin Luther King's fault for insisting people be judged by the content of their character, instead of the color of their skin.

17. JP5

JP5 Former Moderator Past Donor

Yes, that is good news. I'm surprised.

18. JP5

JP5 Former Moderator Past Donor

I think that's what most people do. And that's a good thing. It just seems to be some Democrats who are way behind on Dr. King's wish. They don't seem to understand that sometimes that is going to mean that you don't like the "character" of someone of another race. Doesn't mean you are racist. I've know whites I really don't like.....and I've known blacks that I like a lot and have a lot in common with. It shouldn't be about race.

19. Marcotic

Marcotic Well-Known Member

I have always been a lefty, and as a black dude I never liked AA... I am a millenial.

20. Lowden Clear

Lowden Clear Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yep, that's gonna leave a mark.

21. BroncoBilly

It is sad that so many never heeded the advise of such a great American

22. justonemorevoice

justonemorevoice Well-Known Member

That portion of the application should be removed. I have a black girlfriend who purposely gave her kids "white" names so that when they applied for jobs the boss wouldnt assume her kids are black. On the other hand...another black girlfriend just gave her baby girl the middle name starstruck...Lol...
    Which I promptly gave her hell for. :*)

23. BroncoBilly

Gatewood made a good point in that with millennials, color is not an issue at all, they are all mostly all color blind, as it should be. He also made a point of all millennials are on a level playing field, so giving preference, especially for skin color, it is deemed unfair.

And thankfully for Sharp-tongue the race hustling is drawing to a close. He will just have to go back to selling dope

24. EggKiller

EggKiller Well-Known Member

One has to wonder why the indoctrination centers dropped the ball on AA. Were all those liberal old hippies worried about losing their jobs so they left out that part of the teachings?

25. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

They are probably religiously unaffiliated too. Do you still think there is hope for youth?