How optimistic are the "pro-lifers"? Give me your "No Later Than" Date-

Discussion in 'Abortion' started by Gorn Captain, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

WHEN, at the very latest, in your opinion....will abortion be illegal in the entire United States of America?

2020?

2025?

2030?

2035?

2040?

2045?

2050?

2060?

2070?
    Longer?

2. Fugazi

Fugazi New Member Past Donor

Easy answer .. Never.

3. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Could it be....THEY know that's the answer too???

4. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

I don't know, slavery lasted for over 150 years. Might be a while.

5. MAYTAG

MAYTAG Active Member

What a perfect example of what I have been preaching. This guy thinks of the abortion debate as a game that he wants his favorite team to win by keeping abortion legal. He doesn't really want to get bogged down in all the convoluted technicalities about what is or isn't murder/a person. He just wants to trash talk the opposing team and mockingly point to the scoreboard. How refreshing to see such honest behavior. A much easier read than the more verbose pro-choicers who trip all over themselves trying to build an argument after already having reached a conclusion.

6. Fugazi

Gosh .. sounds just like a pro-lifers .. pot - kettle & black springs to mind.

7. MAYTAG

MAYTAG Active Member

Pro-choicers are much more comfortable when the discussion is steered away from the reality of dead and dying fetuses, mutilated into annihilation at the behest of their very own mothers. Heck, no one is comfortable with such a discussion. So disgusting.

8. Fugazi

If you say so :roll:

though if you want to discuss it please do start a thread on the subject, i'll be happy to oblige you.

9. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

A hundred years from now, nano-technology will reach the point abortion won't be detectable, even if needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Start your own thread on that topic.

My point is...."pro-lifers" are not very optimistic. So far, you and Anders...and those who have remained silent....have proved my point, haven't you?

10. MAYTAG

MAYTAG Active Member

Your point is proven. It is unlikely that abortion laws will change in the foreseeable future. Congrats on the dead fetuses. Little boogers had it coming, I'm sure.

11. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Bingo. But no doubt you'll keep talking like it will or can, as will the rest of the "pro-lifers"....right?

12. MAYTAG

MAYTAG Active Member

Just voicing my opinion. Liberal masses tend to be more intelligent and more open minded than their conservative counterparts. There is still hope that you guys will change your horribly misguided opinions. I do what I can.

13. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Now you're changing your story....you said "It is unlikely that abortion laws will change in the foreseeable future".

which is it?

14. MAYTAG

MAYTAG Active Member

There can still be hope for something that is unlikely. There is no contradiction. You're trying too hard. Pay careful attention to my use of the English language. You will find that, except for the occasional typo, my English is perfect. I always use the exact words I intend to use (barring a typo). Anytime you think you have me in a contradiction, just review the words I use and what they mean, and you will see that you are wrong.

15. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Cool....take your hope...and tell me a reasonable guess at what decade you see abortion being made illegal in this country. 2020s? 2030s? 2040s? 2050s? 2060s?

16. MAYTAG

MAYTAG Active Member

My apologies, Gorn, but my interest in your thread was only in that it demonstrates how the Us vs Them mentality on the Left supersedes any honest discussion, rational thought, or constructive education for you guys. You would rather capture some sort of perceived victory for your side than delve deeply into the issues to view them objectively.

So, you win. Mothers will be allowed to kill their fetuses. You got the W. Now all that's left is to gloat, since there certainly isn't anything more for you or your side to learn. You'll excuse me if I don't care to participate. I do have more things to learn.

17. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

So every time a "pro-lifer" CELEBRATES some new abortion restriction law being passed....you'll say the same thing???

18. Unifier

Unifier New Member

Depends on a lot of variables. Realistically, as long as liberals control the media and the entertainment industry, then secular humanist self-indulgence practices will continue to be promoted as the preferred way of life. Which means any sense of self-discipline or self-restraint will continue to be an uphill climb.

19. Fugazi

any evidence to support this or is it just more blowing smoke.

20. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

So 1. "Never" is answer since it's not likely that rightwing theocrats will take over every media and entertainment outlet.

2. If as in your Signature "abortion=slavery"....who's the "slave-master" in that analogy?

- - - Updated - - -

Sort of typical "ditto-head/Hannitized/Becker" thinking.....every EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLL in the world is blamed on the "Lib'rul Media".

Rush, Sean, Glenn cultivate that thinking so their audience won't actually go to other sources and figure out that their "mentors" are wrong or full of crap. It's a "cult" strategy dating back to the old Moonies.

21. Pasithea

Pasithea Banned at Members Request Past Donor

I dunno Unifier, Fox as a corporation is pretty big and a lot of conservatives follow Fox News religiously, my dad included. I'd say they have a lot of influence in the media.

22. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

He's been told by Talk Radio and Fox that "until conservatives control the majority of the media...we'll keep losing...unless we don't...in which case America is changing to our side....but if we lose again....it's the Lib'rul Media's fault and it could take YEARS to overcome....until we win again, in which case we're winning....until we lose again....rinse, lather, repeat."

:)

23. Unifier

Unifier New Member

Fox News is a lone beacon in a sea of left wing thought. It is hopelessly outnumbered by numerous networks and publications run by PC dittoheads. The fact that it has the influence that it does is actually quite impressive in that regard.

And Fox, itself, doesn't produce much in the way of conservative programming. It never really has. 20 years ago, it was broadcasting shows like Married with Children. And today it broadcasts shows like Family Guy. Which I do enjoy but they completely scrape the bottom of the barrel in terms of morality. And the entertainment industry has the strongest influence on cultural attitudes because it controls the youth.

24. Unifier

Unifier New Member

You don't even listen to talk radio or watch Fox News, Gorn. Stop talking about things you don't even make any effort to understand.

25. The Amazing Sam's Ego

The Amazing Sam's Ego Banned at Members Request

How so? You are sort of contradicting yourself. You say that you enjoy that show, but then you say that it's immoral. I don't get what you're trying to say.