Who is responsible for so many cops killing innocent people?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Battle3, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Battle3

Battle3 Well-Known Member

Tamir Rice was killed by a cop for having a toy gun. The killing was ruled a homicide.

John Crawford was killed for holding a toy gun while shopping in WalMart. After a 911 caller lied and claimed Crawford was pointing a rifle at people, cops descended upon the WalMart and killed Ritchie on sight.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ting-hysteria-and-the-death-of-john-crawford/
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...olice-shooting-and-killing-john-crawford-iii/

Earlier this year, in California, 13 year old Andy Lopez was killed by cop for holding a toy gun
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ng-toy-gun-won-face-charges-article-1.1858306

In February, 2014, 17 year old Christopher Roupe answered the front door of his family's home and was immediately killed by cop. The cop thought Roupe had a gun in his hand - it was a simple Wii controller.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/attorney-georgia-teen-killed-by-cop-was-holding-wii-controller/

The list of innocent people killed by cops goes on.

Why are cops killing so many people? Whay are cops so quick to pull the trigger?

Lately people are claiming its racism, but cops kill innocent people of all races. Its not race.

Some say being a cop is a dangerous job and cops confront deadly situations on a daily basis. Its never been safer to be a cop, less than 50 cops were killed by bad guys in 2013, being a cop doesn't even make the top 20 list of most dangerous jobs.

The reason is the irrational fear of guns. People have been conditioned to be terrified at the simple sight of a firearm. The mere mention of the word "shoot", the sight of a poptart bitten into an L-shape, or hearing a kindergarten student talk about "blowing bubbles", is enough to send teachers and school administrators into fits of terror.

Peoples lives are being ruined by these hoplophobes, and its all intentional. The gun banners have failed in their attempts to manipulate tragedy into gun control legislation, the crime data refutes the banners wild claims, the last 30 years have shown the lie to the banners predictions of bloody streets due to relaxed gun laws.

So banners have turned to behind the scenes efforts to change the culture. As Eric Holder said in 1995, people must be brainwashed into giving up their guns. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXwo9lARAgg

Just like Pavlov trained dogs, the banners approach is to train people to drool in fear when exposed to any aspect of a firearm.

And in some places, it is working, people are responding in panic, and innocent people are dying.

Banners are responsible for the deaths. Cops are pulling the trigger, but gun banners have set the tone and bear responsibility for the murder of innocent people.

2. Beevee

Beevee Well-Known Member Past Donor

It couldn't be cops, could it?

3. Rickity Plumber

Rickity Plumber Banned

Name me one "innocent person" that the cops killed. Now keep in mind your innocents must not have confronted, harassed, stole, robbed, murdered or assaulted previous to contact with cops.

"Unarmed" certainly does not mean innocence as we all know with the two high profile examples of late; Those being the choke hold case and the Ferguson case. Choke hold perp had 31 prior arrests and Ferguson perp just assaulted and robbed a grocery store, certainly not innocent by any means.

Oh yes, the Cleveland police shooting the child with a bb gun (which is NOT a toy) is not a good thing although ANYONE aiming a gun whether a bb gun or even a toy that resembles a real gun is asking for a shortened life. I know this may sound silly to you but put your self in the cops shoes and you roll up to a call of a person aiming a gun at others and this kid is aiming his gun at you. What would you do? To late to think about it because if the perp had a real gun you are dead. Actions have to be instantaneous.

I would like to read a logical response from you regarding this. Leave the lib cry baby stuff at home.

4. SteveJa

SteveJa New Member

who is responsible for cops killing so many innocent people? Well you got to put yourself in the shoes of the cop first off. You are going into an environment, where you have nothing to go off of, other then what dispatchers have told you(rifleman at Walmart) or are going into a situation where you do not know what to expect. You see an individual pointing a gun at you, you have to make that split second decision to either pull the trigger, or risk having the trigger pulled on you, or do you wait and see if it turns out to be a toy. If it turns out not to be a toy bam, another cop killed in the line of duty.
    Ultimately it falls on the cop him/herself as they pulled the trigger. Then it is up to a grand jury, or investigation to determine if it was negligent.
    I don't think banned guns has anything to do with it, as you pointed out wii controllers and toy guns were in play in some of these cases.

5. Tahuyaman

Tahuyaman Well-Known Member

Or be waving a realist looking toy gun in their presence

6. logical1

logical1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

"Innocent" people such as?

7. bricklayer

bricklayer Well-Known Member Past Donor

Everyone a cop kills is innocent, unless they're an escaping convict.

No one is guilty unless proved so to a jury.

Anything done by law is done by force. Anything done by law can be taken to a lethal extent.

8. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

Exactly how many innocent people have been killed by cops? You've listed three. Well more than a million cops in the country you've got three innocents killed. You don't have many you've got very, very few given the numbers involved.

9. Battle3

I provided several in post #1.

John Crawford was not breaking any law, was not threatening anyone, but was reported to 911 by a man who LIED and said Crawford had a gun and was pointing it at people. And in that part of Ohio, open carry is legal. Cops snuck up on Crawford and immediately killed him. Watch the video.

Christopher Roupe answered his front door with a Wii controller in his hand (and the controller did not look like a gun, there is a picture of it in the link). Roupe did not confront, harass, steal, rob, murder, or assault. From the link:

"“The eyewitnesses on the scene clearly state that he had a Wii controller in his hand. He heard a knock at the door. He asked who it was, there was no response so he opened the door and upon opening the door he was immediately shot in the chest,” Law told WSB."​

This is what he had in his hand: WiiRemote1.jpg

Prior convictions does not grant a death sentence, and do not absolve cops from properly evaluating a situation and responding appropriately.

The kid was not aiming the gun at the cop who killed him. Watch the video.

The 911 caller clearly stated - and the 911 dispatcher relayed it to the cops - that the kid probably had a fake gun. The cop should have proceeded with caution but not on a hair trigger.

This deserves its own response. Its total BS.

A police department is in place because it is theoretically staffed with people specifically trained to think and respond properly in stressful situations, not to react blindly. Cops go through extensive training to prepare them for stressful confrontations, to be able to identify a true threat, to separate the innocent from the guilty, and to respond correctly.

Anyone can just "roll up" and kill the suspect. Cops are supposed to be better than that.

Watch the video of Tamir Rice. Multiple people walked by him, he had the gun out, but those completely untrained Citizens did not call 911, did not panic, did not attack Rice, they just went about their business. But when a supposedly highly trained cop shows up, he is overcome with fear and immediately kills Rice.

That's a failure on the part of the cop.

A hint, if you want logical responses in the future, then read the posts, read the links, and get up to speed.

10. Battle3

Its not due to banned guns, its due to the atmosphere of fear created by the gun banners. Banners have engaged in a deliberate process of instilling fear of guns in people. Banners want people to be irrationally afraid of guns to the point that they suspend people from schools for trivial acts, call the police in terror, and are afraid every mention of a gun is the prelude to a mass school shooting. It has spilled over into the police, who think every person is the enemy and their lives are constantly at risk.

Very few cops are killed in the line of duty each year, 48 in 2013. Being a cop doesn't even make it onto the most dangerous jobs lists. Cops might have an unpleasant job, but its not nearly as dangerous as they want you to believe. More secretaries died at work than cops.

11. Battle3

There are other OP's on that question. Between 500 and 1,200 people are wrongly killed by cops each year, that includes totally innocent people and people killed because cops overreacted or used excessive force.

And I always find it interesting that people make your argument - because I don't list 1,000 cases you think there are only the 4 I put in the OP. You have a computer, and a brain, use them. Spend a few minutes on a search engine and answer your own question.

- - - Updated - - -

Another person who didn't even read post #1 but thinks they are smart enough to respond.

Go read the links in post #1.

12. Rickity Plumber

Rickity Plumber Banned

As I was alluding to in my earlier reply . . you still have no idea what you are talking about. You may be waking up from your 'bad cop, lawful citizen' dream perhaps sooner then later.

13. ChristopherABrown

ChristopherABrown Well-Known Member

All well made, valid points.

I think it is far bigger than your OP indicates. The big picture I see includes all of the destructions to unalienable rights we can find. There are MANY.

I've seen haters of the Declaration of Independence try to state that because it is not law, it has no meaning.

It is an intention that created the law.

Those haters refuse to discuss the need to "alter or abolish" the government abusive to those rights.

You can learn something about ALL of this in my thread.

http://www.politicalforum.com/polit...deprivation-right-prevent-my-free-speech.html

My rights were taken so I would have no money to use my right to free speech to disclose and expose treason, as well as the critical methods of secrecy it uses. Dig into the links available from the page link I post.

Those methods can include the creation of the system enabling the cops you post about as well as the cops themselves.

My comment will be comprehensive to everything wrong with our world.

What I will say regarding your question is going to be radical, but it will explain a great deal.

MKuktra, a mind control program has a parallel which IS the NWO. The NWO made MKultra to create manipulable people outside of their ranks. The cops were the final element from their ranks to be unleashed upon us.

First it was congress people, then they enabled presidents, those in turn developed intelligence agencies above and beyond the original CIA that conducted operation paperclip.

Then administrators and district attorneys, then state legislators, then finally the cops AFTER it was proven the people were so mislead and divisible that 911 could be done and 10 years after people still were too afraid to speak the truth of it.

It is an agenda of destruction of unalienable rights, as we aquiese in our profound confusion, it signals an escalation.

That is what your post is about.

14. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Rule of thumb: Never carry a toy gun when in the presence of the police; it can only hurt you in the end. :)

15. Sgt_McCluskey

Sgt_McCluskey Banned

God is responsible. Take a bank note and read. "In God we trust".
    Honestly, all american society is responsible for the deaths. And every 4 years we show that everything ok. But sometimes I think what will be is nobody comes to polling stations?

16. ChristopherABrown

I rarely have to resort to this.

[​IMG]

17. Battle3

I see, so you really were not interested in a logical response, you just wanted a response that agrees with your bias.

18. HTownMarine

HTownMarine Well-Known Member Past Donor

There were 13,000,000 arrests made last year.

Even going by your 'estimate' of 1000 per year (because im felling generous to your cause, Im giving you the benefit of the doubt), the percentage of people killed by cops is... ready for this...

.000076%

They're killing people everywhere! Ahh!!

19. ChristopherABrown

Correct, a fear mentality devoid of reason is being promoted by media.

This while courts refuse to provide justice to citizens seeking to use extant knowledge of psychology to compel improved mental health care.

In fact the 9th circuit made a secret revision of local court rules abrogating a 130 year old rule which provided a new magistrate and judge to a pro se civil rights action when new co plaintiffs joined a civil rights suit.

You would think the ACLU would care about an unconstitutional rule change violating the regulation of the US District Courts Administrative offices regulation. No, they do not care.

20. ChristopherABrown

To make a competent comparison statistics from 20 years ago have to be used. Also, battle3 did not even have 1/2 of the killings of harmless people listed.

Some forums are half full of stories about killings of people that were no threat whatsoever.

21. logical1

ANYONE that fights with a cop IS NOT innocent. Comply now, talk later.

22. publican

publican Banned

If you reach for anything after a cop has drawn down on you, you're an idiot and will probably get killed. It's really pretty simple stuff.

23. ChristopherABrown

You agree then that mentally ill who do not know better should be killed.

24. publican

publican Banned

Wrong. You attack a cop or reach for something after a cop tells you not to, you can die.

You are guilty of making an aggressive move using my aforementioned scenario and therefore could die.

The force of the law is what separates us from the savages and protects us from same. For those who feel otherwise, feel free to call a thug the next time you need a cop.

- - - Updated - - -

20/20 hindsight. How expected.

25. logical1

How about an experiment in Ferguson. Withdraw all the police. Let the business owners hire armed guards and let them shoot anyone attempting to break in or loot. Let anarchy rule. See if the cops are missed!!!! Anyone for that.