Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Proof that Illegals Are Not Taking Jobs From Americans...

Quote Originally Posted by OldManOnFire View Post
    No offense to your girlfriend, but if she is working under pretences in which she appears legal, then she must be receiving pay and benefits commensurate with company policies and IS NOT receiving some under-the-counter cheap cash wages--right? And they would be withholding all applicable taxes. If this is true, then a legal American who wants a job at the same company, apparently cannot compete with the skills of an illegal worker. To me this says more about the American not being able to compete with illegals...

The OP was about proof that illegals arent taking jobs from americans. My comment only states the reality, that they do.
    ''My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income''---Errol Flynn

http://www.politicalforum.com/politi...re-family.html

Quote Originally Posted by Felix (R) View Post
    The OP was about proof that illegals arent taking jobs from americans. My comment only states the reality, that they do.
    I don't personally care if a worker is legal or not. If I'm an employer I only care that I have hired the best worker for the compensation I can provide. If illegals have jobs, they didn't TAKE these from anyone! Especially in cases in which the pay and benefits fall within legal pay scales. My position is if anyone wants a job, then go out and get that job...stop complaining...stop blaming others for their failure to find work. If they can't compete against illegals, for whatever reasons, assuming a fair playing field regarding compensation, then Americans need to improve their worth to employers! I would feel like a pathetic failure if I could not go out and compete for jobs with illegals!!!!
    Did you know both our problems and the solutions can be found simply by looking in our mirrors...and...Never confuse the extraordinary stuff I think and write with that of a well-balanced person!

When Americans wake up so will the country...until then...we remain comatose and hopeless.

If you're not careful with your life's decisions, you will spend all your time in a cul-de-sac!

I was responding to the OP. You do understand the negative effects of too great of a rate of natural increase (RNI) correct? Immigration policy is in place for several important reasons. Most developed countries that I know of have an immigration policy if there are people who want to go there.
    ''My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income''---Errol Flynn

I was responding to the OP. You do understand the negative effects of too great of a rate of natural increase (RNI) correct? Immigration policy is in place for several important reasons. Most developed countries that I know of have an immigration policy if there are people who want to go there.
    What does RNI have to do with illegals supposedly taking jobs from Americans?

And YOU cannot define 'too great of a rate of RNI' because this depends on the local and regional situations.

How many developed countries do you know of who allow immigrants unlimited stay time?

Lastly, no matter the RNI rates, this does not necessarily correlate to a gain or loss of jobs. Jobs are the result of economic growth! If there becomes an imbalance of employment, either the quantity of workers is the issue, and/or the economy is the issue.

The US allows more green card applicants each year than we see net-illegal immigrants coming into the country. If you believe our RNI is too high, then the US should stop allowing nearly one million green card applicants per year...
    Did you know both our problems and the solutions can be found simply by looking in our mirrors...and...Never confuse the extraordinary stuff I think and write with that of a well-balanced person!

When Americans wake up so will the country...until then...we remain comatose and hopeless.

If you're not careful with your life's decisions, you will spend all your time in a cul-de-sac!

When did I say the RNI was too high or too low?? You seemed to have jumped the gun a bit old man. I have considered the listed factors you have provided. You really do not know how many illegals come here every year. you have only estimates which vary greatly fromsource to source.

[quote]
    When did I say the RNI was too high or too low??
    Just responding to YOUR comment;

"You do understand the negative effects of too great of a rate of natural increase (RNI) correct?"

You seemed to have jumped the gun a bit old man. I have considered the listed factors you have provided. You really do not know how many illegals come here every year. you have only estimates which vary greatly fromsource to source.
    How about focusing on the one million green card immigrants that come into the USA each year...this is fact! If you or anyone cares about Americans really losing jobs to others, the higher-paying jobs for several hundred thousand jobs each year are going to green card immigrants.

But I suspect this won't change because American companies looking for quality employees, with good skills, education and work ethic, simply can't find enough of them from the American group...

I dont have a problem with that so long as they come here legally.

8. Default

I dont have a problem with that so long as they come here legally.
    Oh... like you took their land "legally" and out of guilt gave them 20 million dollars... and 5 million later... for 1/4 of America. It's really their land and if you don't know it you need to find out.

I can tell that there is only 1 person here (other than me) who has actually worked with these people you spite. If you dare to go out and take a working job you'll know their value to the US economy. Your produce department would not only be extremely expensive without them... but it would be barren. You just have no idea the hard work they do in construction and other manual labor jobs... for very low wages and 0 appreciation. I hope in the next life you have to work as hard for them as they have for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tblount View Post
    Oh... like you took their land "legally" and out of guilt gave them 20 million dollars... and 5 million later... for 1/4 of America. It's really their land and if you don't know it you need to find out.

I can tell that there is only 1 person here (other than me) who has actually worked with these people you spite. If you dare to go out and take a working job you'll know their value to the US economy. Your produce department would not only be extremely expensive without them... but it would be barren. You just have no idea the hard work they do in construction and other manual labor jobs... for very low wages and 0 appreciation. I hope in the next life you have to work as hard for them as they have for you.
    If you would have read a few more posts you would understand the context of the conversation. I just said my girlfriend was an illegal immigrant.

10. Default

If you would have read a few more posts you would understand the context of the conversation. I just said my girlfriend was an illegal immigrant.
    Your quote: "I dont have a problem with that so long as they come here legally."

Turn in your girlfriend.
    "Progressives are the architects of American decline, and progressivism is the ideology of American suicide." - Dinesh D'Souza

Closed Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast