Let illegals EARN citizenship

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Ronstar, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

The big issue Conservatives have with the Senate's immigration plan, is that it lets illegals apply for citizenship.

Well, I somewhat agree with that. They violated our laws, so now if they want to become citizens, I think they owe us.

I say, let them EARN their citizenship.

Let them pay back taxes, pay a fine, and do 1,000 hours of community service or serve in the US Armed Forces, before they can apply for citizenship.

That would show the nation that they are truly serious about wanting to join our society.

2. Casper

Casper Banned at Members Request Past Donor

For adults, I have no problem with that, not so with children. By the way I would bet most would take you up on it.

3. Teutorian

Teutorian New Member

Giving Latino nationalists who hate America citizenship in return for receiving military training to take to the streets is an idea so short sighted and bad that I'm sure the Republicans could get completely behind it.

If Americans are going to capitulate to illegal aliens, they should just do it, instead of looking for ways to do it where they won't feel like they've capitulated.

Just pass amnesty already.

4. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

do you think enough Conservatives in the USA, and the House, would accept such an idea?

we would of course make acceptions for folks who were brought here as children by their parents, and for others who are unable to do community service.

5. Casper

Casper Banned at Members Request Past Donor

Depends if they want to actually resolve the issue or play political games, the outlook is not good.

6. Sanskrit

Sanskrit Well-Known Member

Oh oh, someone said the "E" word. You should know better than that.

7. CJtheModerate

CJtheModerate New Member

I agree. My plan would go something like this:

1) This plan only applies to people who came here before December 31, 2004 (For example)

2) All who meet the above requirement but were brought here when they were under the age of 18 shall be exempt.

3) Everyone who came here after 12/31/04 must be deported without exception, regardless of age.

4) Everyone who came here after 12/31/04 must undergo a background check. Minor offenses (Drunk Driving, Speeding, etc) will be punished with a fine and an increase of X amount of hours of community service they must do (Depending on the severity of the crime). Major offenses (Rape, Murder, etc), however, will be punished with the immediate arrest and deportation of the person and their family. The person must undergo this background check every year.

5) If they come up clean, they are given legal status. This Legal Status would NOT allow them to leave their county of residence (They must alert authorities that they will be leaving and for how long they will be. This will allow the authorities to keep an eye on them and make it easier for them to stop them from dodging their responsibilities. The punishment for leaving the county without authorization is a fine) or to vote. Legal Status would obligate them to pay taxes and work X amount of hours of community service per year.

6) After 20 years have elapsed since they were given legal status, they will be allowed to APPLY (They will not automatically get it) for citizenship. They will have to undergo one last background check and have to pay one final fine before being given citizenship.

8. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

Since almost all illegals who are working for paychecks (as opposed to cash under the table) are employed based on fraudulent social security numbers and Identity papers, which are both felonies, shouldn't citizens who also commit those crimes be offered that same deal rather than go to jail for 5 years?

9. guttermouth

guttermouth Banned

how are you suppose to prove when an illegal immigrant came across the border?

10. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

I have one question, Why?

If they met the qualifications to start with, they would have come in the front door instead of sneaking around.

Most do not qualify, and should be booted immediately.

There already is a path to citizenship, and they didnt give a damn before, and they dont give a damn now.

Why reward them with an Americans job?

[​IMG]

Anyone who talks trash about a path to citizenship is a freakn liar, There already is one.

11. CJtheModerate

CJtheModerate New Member

I have no idea. I've heard a lot about a pathway to citizenship for people who have been here for a certain amount of time (Which I agree with), so I threw it in. How they would do that is beyond me.

12. guttermouth

guttermouth Banned

not me i think the law should apply to them like it does everyone else

13. Troianii

Troianii Well-Known Member Past Donor

Despite what some will say, that conservatives will outright reject your proposal, I'd be more worried that liberals would reject your proposal. Really, there are few conservatives who don't think we should allow people who wish to become citizens a quick path if they join the service. I'd support that, pretty much across the board (I think there are extreme cases where we should just say no, flat out, but in general military service should be a preferred route).

To the rest, I think that's a good step and I could definitely compromise to something close to that, but principally that isn't the right path. As you say, they violated our laws, and so they pay back the taxes they would have otherwise paid, then pay a fine (unspecified here) and do 1,000 hours of community service. Two major problems with that. First, its not enough. There are people waiting. I've heard its long, and just googled it so I could mention it, and I'm skeptical about the first link google provided, but it's as long as 24 years. That someone could just do 1000hrs of community service and be good is kind of a slap in the face to those who have waited and followed the law. But, more to the point, community service is primarily something for rich folk and brats. Illegal immigrants are mostly lower class, and few of them actually have 'the luxury' of being able to do community service, so even then its not very practical, and we're basically left with the military part - which cons are pretty much behind you. Please try to see that as the whole, and not taking the white nationalist view seriously.

14. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

How about they pay for their crimes committed like every other citizen. They can always plead Guilty and spend a year in jail, 5 years of community service and5 years parole. Anything less and forget it, they aren't serious about staying. They can always go home and apply the legal way instead.

15. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

Europeans didn't have to work hard to steal..er... earn American land from Native Americans.

16. guttermouth

guttermouth Banned

do you know how many europeans immigrated to the usa since this took place? so many that your comment becomes irrelevant.

17. Pardy

Well, once you steal land, it's kinda yours to do with what you want, including making laws that bar others from immigrating.

18. smevins

smevins New Member

Qualifying for entry and standing in line for 10-11 years to get in once you are approved is why they are "sneaking around". We do have a quota system you know.....

19. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

We have a quota system for a good reason.

We want immigrants who will add to our society, not take from it.

20. Professor Peabody

No one can. That's why they should be required to go home and get in line to immigrate legally or remain here illegally.

21. Professor Peabody

Actions have consequences. If I just decide filing income tax returns takes to long and I just don't do it for 5 years, should I be given amnesty for that?

22. Professor Peabody

That would apply to every country on earth..........ridiculous premise.

23. happy fun dude

happy fun dude New Member

Don't worry about the illegal aliens, just get rid of amnesty for the illegal bankers.

24. Pardy

My proposition is still true.

Europeans took much of American land by force. I don't see any immigrants taking the USA by force. 60% of them are paying income tax and contributing. I think it's about time they get the the privileges that their coworkers have, including citizenship.

I'm not saying that people who come to the USA to collect welfare should get citizenship. I'm just saying that people who were born in the USA or people who have been working in the USA for a long time should get citizenship.

25. Super21

Super21 Banned

Mexicans cant assimilate. Letting them come here is race suicide.