Discussion in 'Coronavirus (COVID-19) News' started by Eleuthera, Aug 6, 2020.
Read the above...more than ten times the deaths per capita is not "beautiful"
The numbers do NOT suggest that.
We are getting better at treating this novel disease...
Or the herd immunity is growing every day, or the virus is mutating and getting weaker with each cycle.
Of all the people I know who have been infected in the last 7 months, not one was ever hospitalized.
Or that’s total nonsense.
Tens of thousands have died in the last few months and many tens of thousands more have been hospitalized.
There is no scientific evidence supporting the claim that the virus has mutated into something less lethal.
And herd immunity is many millions of deaths away
You are totally into death it seems. That is all you can talk about.
What about quality of life? Does that interest you at all?
Well it’s kinda hard to ignore the fact that hundreds of thousands are dying
Hundreds of thousands have been dying for many long years. The planet is over-populated with humans, and death is the natural end of the life cycle.
am totally AGAINST unnecessary death
Sure they do - I gave you the numbers for two countries. Agreed that we are getting better at treating - but you have no clue what you are talking about otherwise.
In lockdown! At least, NEW Zealand is .. after 4 cases turned up. They know what to do, and they're doing it.
Don't know where the Old one is.
But if they won't do it voluntarily .. like the Japanese, it's what we have to resort to.
Take your pick. Hold on to your Freedums (you cain't make me wear a mask), or endure never-ending half lockdowns.
People here were not given the choice and we are still enduring never-ending half lockdowns. When in US history have governors effectively banned travelers from other states?
It requires about three brain cells to grasp that Americans would never behave the way Swedes (or the Japanese) have.
Because it was clear that Americans had insanely low compliance rates with the 'stay at home' thing. During the early months, America had a peak of something like 60% compliance - and that was only in NYC when things were really bad. The rest of the nation was closer to 40%. At the same time, Australia had 80-90% compliance, nationally.
Meantime, you realise there hasn't been a global pandemic for over a hundred years, dontcha? How could there be any recent examples? But if you need information on past restriction of movement during plagues, the history books have plenty.
Compared to neighboring countries Sweden's approach to The covid virus is a miserable failure!!!
Thousands of people died that would have been alive if they had just used stronger measures, that their neighbors employed.
Sweden has thousands of deaths while their neighbors only have hundreds
Well you can document your claims... or well
yea. Business as usual
And their economy is no better. Epic fail.
Look at what's happening in Texas. And India.
Hospitals flooded with very sick people under the age of 50. People in their 20's in ICUs.
If you don't think swamped hospitals are a problem, I hope for your sake that you don't break an ankle or need emergency surgery any time soon. Nor any of your loved ones.
I posted the numbers - with a link. <EDITED TO REMOVE RULE VIOLATION>
What did you give numbers of?
Similar GDP of the other Scandinavian countries that had far lower deaths tolls?
I gave you the numbers you were given - and the overall death toll is not the subject of discussion.
You are lost - once again -- starting to become an annoying pattern with you.
It’s also hard to ignore the fact that millions are recovering.
That's not an epic fail if you consider money more important to lives lost.
And hundreds of thousands died
Let's see how Sweden did compared to her neighbors:
83,000 confirmed cases.
Denmark: 15,100 confirmed cases, 620 deaths.
Norway: 9,700 confirmed cases, 256 deaths.
Finland: 7,600 confirmed cases, 333 deaths.
Looks like Sweden is a ****ing failure.
Separate names with a comma.